Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-10-2017, 09:04   #1

Boat: Alberg 30, 30' sloop.
Thumbs up Solo Circumnavigator w/ USCG 100 Ton Masters available for Delivery & Sail Training

Hello,

You can read all the mumble jumble below that all of us captains write about ourselves OR just scroll down past to see what my recent clients have had to say about my services.

I am an active delivery captain and sailing instructor available to move both power and sailboats locally or internationally. I specialize in owner-assisted deliveries with optional intensive or casual sail training on passage. I also specialize in deliveries to, from, and through the Panama Canal with over 20 successful transits completed. I have extensive experience sailing both the West and East coasts of Central and North America with intimate knowledge of the weather and navigational challenges on both coasts in addition to passages to and from the East and West Carribean Islands. After skippering six trans-ocean passages (three solo and three on delivery) I am fully qualified to prepare a boat and crew for a passage of any distance or duration to nearly every part of the world. I am equally happy to move your boat a few miles up or down the ICW or take you out for a day-sail if that is all you require. I have excellent professional crew available and tend to attract well qualified volunteers if preferred. My rates are not only competitive, my terms or contracts are as fair as possible always intending to represent the best interest of all parties involved. I can provide a quote as flat rate or daily rate plus expenses. Lastly, I work very hard to complete deliveries with the vessel cleaner and in better shape than when I received her. That is probably why lately half of my work is for repeat clients.

In addition to my experience I also bring a portable chart-plotter with GPS and complete world charts, real time satellite tracking with back up SOS beacon, and unlimited world-wide two-way messaging so myself and everyone on board is always available and in contact. I am not only focused on moving your boat from Point A to Point B, I first focus on the safety of the crew on board and the protection of your asset as my primary objectives while still being mind-full of keeping expenses and costs down to provide excellent value. When not on offshore delivery my time is often split between the East Coast U.S. or on my sailboat in the country of Panama, therefore Email is the most reliable way to contact me; SailBoatDelivery@hotmail.com.

You can find my recent CV/Resume here; SAILBOAT DELIVERIES -

RECENT YACHT DELIVERY REFERENCES:

Relationship: Employed Kirk For Owner-assisted Passage
To whom it may concern,
This is to confirm the we hired Mr. Kirk Little during the period of 5th April to 26th May, 2016 for an owner-assisted passage on our S/V “Invictus” from Colon, Panama via Galapagos to Hiva Oa, Marquesas / French Polynesia. Invictus is a Lagoon-52 Catamaran (LoA 15.6m, Beam 8.6m, Draft 1.5m, Gross Tonnage 45.3, Built 2015, 2 x 75hp Yanmar) crewed by myself, my wife Nicole and our two children (3yo and 4yo).
Kirk independently worked out a checklist to survey the boat including mast and rigging as well as general to-do list with all necessary repair/maintenance, spare-parts, safety-equipment, procedures and provisioning-needs. Due to his local knowledge in and around Panama, this proved to be very efficient and fast. Kirk also arranged volunteer line handlers for the canal crossing.
Some examples of the repairs include professional fixing of a hull-deck connection, 500h servicing of both Yanmar-engines and genset, repair of hydraulic dingy-davits, blocked diesel-fuel-line etc. All work has been carried out with utmost care and with results that exceeded our expectations.

He works very efficient on a pro-active basis, has high analytical skills, is reliable and punctual and thinks before he acts. His high respect for safety of our family and protection of our assets always gave us a peace of mind on this 4000 nm+ passage.
Kirk is a friendly and respectful person and easy to get along with, his humor and good mood not only enlightened us but our kids as well.
We can highly recommend Kirk to anyone who is considering a professional skipper or crew, in which case we would not mind to be contacted as a reference (e-mail: tobias@cosmocon.com.hk Phone: Available on request).
Tobias Janke / Nicole Mueller

Relationship: Hired Kirk For Offshore Sailboat Delivery, Tayana 50’ FD-12.
Hi Kirk,
I wanted to say thanks for completing the delivery of Daydreamer from Baja Mexico to Brunswick Georgia via the Panama Canal and sticking with her despite all of the issues that came up. You performed above and beyond our expectations and pushed through where most others would have given up. I know our boat was very demanding in terms of maintenance issues that popped up during the delivery and you did a great job of addressing those problems. I really appreciated the way you stayed in communication and requested our input when it was needed. I would highly recommend you to anyone who asks – if you ever need a reference please don’t hesitate to pass along my contact info.
Regards,
Alex Braun
New York, NY

Relationship: Customer For Sailboat Delivery And Sailing Instructor.
Kirk Little was skipper of my vessel, a Tayana 64 sailboat, both in port and on a delivery of the vessel from Shelter Bay Panama to Oahu, Hawaii in November of 2014 to late January 2015.
I found he was an excellent choice for the task and it worked well for me as he is also an excellent and challenging instructor. The boat was sound, with new ownership issues which Kirk helped address.
We arrived safely in Oahu. The crew ate well, did not get sea sick, and remain friends.
I recommend him highly.
Regards,
Paul Gibfried
808-***-****
Honolulu, Hawaii
*********@hotmail.com

From; Eric Carlson
Relationship: Hired Kirk for family sail-training & offshore passage making.
Kirk is a phenomenal captain and I recommend him unconditionally. Kirk served as our captain for ten days for our family in the Caribbean on our new 46’ Bahia, Fountain Pajot Catamran in April 2017. First and foremost, his attention to safety was paramount, which was critical for our family with two teenage daughters. Secondly, his yachtsman abilities are par none. On our passage between Cartagena Colombia and Santiago Cuba he proved he can single-hand a 46′ catamaran if needed but taught us a ton about all aspects of sailing and safety. Our passage included five nights at sea and we always felt perfectly comfortable. Lastly, Kirk is extremely fun and personable and just a joy to be around, he acts appropriately around children and really is exactly what you’re looking for in a captain. Kirk also doubles as an excellent cook. Really, we couldn’t be happier recommending Kirk.
Eric Carlson and Family.

Relationship: Hired Kirk for Delivery of Jeanneau 43DS from Ft Lauderdale to Cape Cod.
Kirk delivered my Jeanneau 43 DS from Fort Lauderdale, FL to Provincetown, MA in May of 2017. I first noticed Kirk on his Crewbay profile, and was impressed with the extent to which he appeared to be aware of and considerate of the needs of a boat owner. I found this to be entirely born out in reality. Kirk arrived when he said he would, spent the necessary time familiarizing himself with the boat, successfully made the delivery, and in a timely fashion, and repaired a number of things on the boat along the way. I experienced Kirk as very true to his word, and will trust him completely with my delivery needs in the future.
Sincerely,
Ron Seeley
Burlington, VT
kirkalittle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
delivery, mast, sail