Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-07-2016, 04:18   #1

Med and Atlantic crossing 2016

I am an 18-year-old Cambridge university gap year student, looking for crewing opportunities from October 2016 onwards.
I am a capable, fit, experienced sailor and have recently completed my RYA Day Skipper practical.
I was brought up on a boat until the age of nine crossing the Atlantic and Pacific with my family.
I see myself as a waterman: endurance swimmer, kite surfer, surfer and competitive dinghy sailor, cadet champion for five years at my local club where I held the post as cadet commodore.
I have experience sailing yachts in the Caribbean, Mediterranean during family flotilla holidays & the East Coast of the UK.
I’m not fazed in tough situations, resourceful, a problem solver and drive rescue boat for GSC on the North Sea, I enjoy the hands on maintenance and repair side of sailing.
I would be particularly interested in any positions crewing in the Med then heading to the Canary Islands in November to across the Atlantic.
Furthermore, if you have any children at schooling age I would be happy to tutor them, as a child I was home schooled on a boat too!
Overall I am a fun, easy going person looking for an adventure and to be a helpful crew.
Old 30-09-2016, 08:13   #2

Boat: Dufour 45 Classic
Re: Med and Atlantic crossing 2016

Hi Conor
I you still are looking for a crewing position then contact me. My wife and I own a Dufour 45 Classic. We have been sailing each summer in the med since 2007. We are leaving Gibraltar within the week to sail to Canaries, then Cape Verde in November and on to the Caribbean. I have extensive blue water experience gained in the Pacific. Elixir is a strong and capable vessel with a full complement of safety gear. You could even check out my blog though it has not been bought up to date since March.
ted@peacocke.net
Old 04-10-2016, 07:21   #3

Boat: Oyster 53
Re: Med and Atlantic crossing 2016

Hi Conor

If your still looking for a crew position, please check this
https://www.CrewSeekers.net/sailingopp.aspx?bref=15212

Tags
atlantic crossing