Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-06-2016, 13:40   #1

Coopers Town, Abacos, Bahamas services

I'm writing this on behalf of Meadius, the kind old man running the dock at Coopers Town Marine ( the northernmost dock in Coopers Town).

His words "Please tell the other cruising boats, we haven't advertised in the cruising books for the past few years because we were rebuilding after storm damage and didn't want to advertise what we couldn't provide. But we have a deep water dock (a very long dock, 150' plus, 10'+ mlw by my guess), gas, diesel, and water on the dock. We have ice, snacks, oil, and limited parts at the marine store, and a grocery store across the street. We are trying to cater to cruising boats but no one knows to stop here."

Anyway, I picked up good gas and diesel, ATF for my Velvet Drive, and a few Kalicks from the bar next door. Meadius is extremely nice, and hopefully once the North Abaco Port opens they'll be back to prospering. We stayed 2 days due to westerly winds and squalls and never saw another boat.

FYI....

Edit: they also have a low dinghy dock with stairs up to the main dock, a few feet from the dock office. Much better than hauling jerry jugs up and down a ladder.

Tags
abaco, Bahamas, cooper, service