Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-04-2017, 09:19   #1

Boat: Sabre, 452, 45'
Florida to NJ in late May early June

Hi Folks,

Greetings, I'm new here, so don't beat me up too bad.

I'm planning on heading up North in a fast, well found 41' sailboat in late May, early June from Stuart Fl to NJ. I have a lot of time on the water (30+) years on my own boats, charters and deliveries, but I've never done the Gulf Stream or gone around Hatteras. I am planning on going offshore since I would like to make a quick passage, and crew is a bit constrained on time.

I'm planning on using Commanders for the weather window, unless you have a better solution, and picking up the GS just east of Stuart and heading North from there. Any waypoints or tips you can provide would help. Feel free to ask any questions. I have already made the decision on going offshore, so only positive input is requested Thanks for your help in advance.

Joe
jrobert890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 13:30   #2

Boat: temporarily boatless...
Re: Florida to NJ in late May early June

Tips? Ummm, have a nice trip?

Stay on or just inside the 100 fathom line and you'll move quickly with the stream and prevailing behind you.

Not much to be said about that trip at that time of year except that I wish I was on board...

If you are looking for specifics, just let us know and I'm sure you'll get plenty of input.

Pete
pete33458 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida