Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-12-2016, 07:13   #1

Boat: Hylas 49
Crew wanted

I am on 2003 Hylas 49 in Luperon DR. Very well equipped boat in very good shape. Looking to leave mid January for Puerto Rica and then continue on down islands to Trinidad. Looking for experienced crew for all or part of trip. Absolutely no drugs and only alcohol when not moving.
Dave
DaveJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2016, 20:12   #2

Re: Crew wanted

Hi Dave I am an Australian aged 51 years. I current live on the Gold Coast in Queensland and regularly compete in Thursday twilight races and local offshore and passage races. Over the last 18 months my other experience in sailing has been as follows.
Deliveries
Gold Coast to Pt Stephens on a Northshore 38 approx 310nm
Melbourne to Sydney on a 68ft Schooner approx 600nm
Yeppoon to Hamilton island on a 42ft Jeanneau approx 220nm
Races
Sydney to Gold Coast 42ft Jeanneau approx 400nm
Brisbane to Keppel 42ft Jeanneau approx 330nm
Airlie beach race week 2015 Farr 11.6
Hamilton Island race week 2016 42ft Jeanneau

I am interested in sailing either or both Caribbean and the Pacific and can be available for sailing around Middle to the end of January and can join as crew for 3 to 6 weeks. If you would like further information about me or my experience please don’t hesitate to email me back.
kind regards Peter Young
Peter Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2016, 08:34   #3

Hey,Brian here. I can be reached at 5417605957.I have owned and sailed a ct47 for a couple years. Now single and have a norsea. I can also be reached at rescueguy_1@hotmail.com. I have interest in part of your adventure.Brian. I am 57 and sail the Oregon Coast up to washington,Canada each year to the inland passage. Never been more than 100 miles off shore. I just got my 100 ton captains license ensemble so can now go 200 offshore legally and have insurance.Bri
rescueguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2016, 14:25   #4

Boat: JY15

Hey Dave,

I've crewed From PR to Chaguaramas and all the islands between a few times in the past 6 years. Girlfriend and I are looking for an adventure. I am a freelance videographer for NBC and ESPN and am looking to make some cool travel stories. Your boat sounds amazing! Cheers

Isaac
IsaacPFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2016, 01:11   #5

I have been land locked in the Northern California Bay Area for the last few years and am more than ready to hit the open ocean again. After college I worked on a farm and a brewery so I love getting my hands dirty and am not afraid of hard work. Until recently I worked as legislative analyst in the capitol in Sacramento. I am open to traveling to join the boat if the right situation presents itself.

I grew up in a sailing family, my amazing parents built their own boat in South Africa and sailed until they bumped in America and became pregnant with me. They eventually ended up in SF bay area so adventure and sailing is most assuredly in my blood. As a recently turned 30 year old, I am ready to put my skills and experience to use as crew. I am a very enthusiastic and capable sailor with over 20 years of experience. I have numerous ASA certifications including the Bareboat Qualification, so I'm legally allowed and more than capable to captain any sailboat under 99 ft. A few years ago I spent over a year cruising from California to Australia with many stops along the way. I acted as First Mate for the first half of the journey then took over as captain for the remainder. Having accomplished long passages on several trips - ranging from crossing the South Pacific, cruising all over Mexico, Central America, and the Pacific Northwest I am an adept, trained navigator with plenty of trip planning experience. I enjoy to cook and am a stellar Bbqer, if I may say so. I am also an avid fishermen with many other necessary boat expertise.

Please feel free to contact with my any questions. I am very keen to discuss or have a friendly conversation.

(916) 956-3606 or MattMalan86@gmail.com

Cheers!
MattMalan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2016, 12:00   #6

Sophie and David are ready to crew for you. We have experience crewing on sailing vessels in Florida and California and looking to continue in the Caribbean. We have crewed on sailboat charter boats of 65 feet, catamarans up to 60 feet, and currently on a 32 foot steel sloop. We can handle the sheets, helm, and galley. Two years ago we met in San Francisco, got engaged after 3 days, and married after 3 weeks. We have been travelling ever since. Sometimes we road trip, sometimes we backpack, and sometimes we sail. We are both studying for our Captains licenses in the US and France respectively. Try some of Sophie's fine French cuisine and I am sure you will be happy.
lolafamily is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, crew wanted, wanted