Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-01-2016, 06:09   #1

Puerto Rico - Dominican republic - Bahamas

Hi,
I intend to do this crossing in march and april this year and have a few questions on DR and Haiti.

1. Clear in
Coming into DR from the east, it is my understanding that the first clearance port in DR is La Romana or possibly Marina Casa de Campo.
That means that I cannot stop at the pleasant anchorages at Isla Saona and Bahibe. Sailing back after clearance seems the only option. Is this assumption correct?

2. Clear out
I believe to understand that the most western harbour at the south coast for clearance is Barahona. If I clear out there, would I still be able to get permission to anchor for amday or two around Cabo Beata?

3. Ile a Vache Haiti
Is it safe to go there? I am hearing/reading so many conflicting statements. Imwould,love to go there to wait for the right whether for the Windward Passage.

Many thanks for your help
Klaus
klaus53123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Bahamas, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico