Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-06-2015, 10:56   #1

Boat: Jeanneau 349, FP 47, Sense 50, J 42ds
Clearing into Baja Mexico

The new regulations require you to clear into the first port with a Port Captain. When heading south that is Ensenada. I recently sailed from San Diego to Ensenada with a reservation at Coral Marina. A brand new boat I knew I needed a Temporary Import Permit, as well as Visas, Crew List, Customs clearance etc. At the marina I asked if I could hire a ship's agent to help as I didn't even have my documentation numbers yet. For $30 I got a marina employee who drove us both to and from the office in which all four of the necessary departments now reside. We made six stops at the four different departments in just over an hour. In addition, since the employee does this often they processed a Visa with only a copy of the passport for another sailor clearing in. The marina itself is very nice and is part of a very nice resort. The folks are friendly. We will keep our boat there until November when we head south to La Paz. I strongly recomment Coral Marina as a very convenient and easy way to clear into Mexico.
Zzmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baja, Mexico