Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-02-2018, 05:14   #1

Multi year bottom paint - Total Boat

HI All,

I’m looking at Jamestown’s Total Blat Spartan bottom paint. The price is great compared to Micron CSC.. I would like to paint the bottom this year and not haul her again until end of next season. My cruising area is New England. Boat is a Pearson 424. Just looking for good anti fouling protection and for it to last more than a season.

Anyone have any experience with this paint or can they recommend another?

This is the stuff I’m looking at: https://www.jamestowndistributors.co...e+Bottom+Paint

Thanks very much for any advice.
Peregrine1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2018, 07:59   #2

Boat: Beneteau First 42
Re: Multi year bottom paint - Total Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine1983 View Post
HI All,

I’m looking at Jamestown’s Total Blat Spartan bottom paint. The price is great compared to Micron CSC.. I would like to paint the bottom this year and not haul her again until end of next season. My cruising area is New England. Boat is a Pearson 424. Just looking for good anti fouling protection and for it to last more than a season.

Anyone have any experience with this paint or can they recommend another?

This is the stuff I’m looking at: https://www.jamestowndistributors.co...e+Bottom+Paint

Thanks very much for any advice.
While I am not acquainted with your cruising area, or how biologically active the conditions are there, we're situated near the mouth of the Manatee River hard by lower Tampa Bay where there are a lot of "growies" in the water. For our locale, we have been very happy with the performance of Pettit Ultima SR and have generally been able to go three years although we are generally on a 3-2-3 schedule just to check things out. Note too that we have a diver that wipes down the hull monthly but usually reports he'd found nothing on the hull but the beginnings of barnacles on the running gear that he'd removed with a Scotch Guard Scrubbie. (We've used "Prop-Speed" but haven't found it particularly effective.)

FWIW...
"It is not so much for its beauty that the Sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
svHyLyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2018, 09:12   #3

Re: Multi year bottom paint - Total Boat

Thanks very much HyLyte. The Petit Ultima SR has great reviews. Much more expensive than the Total Boat Spartan, but this may be another one of those pesky you-get-what-you-pay for situations.

Thanks again
Peregrine1983 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, bottom paint, paint