Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2018, 13:42   #1

Boat: Grand Soleil 46.3
Shower Drain cup needs replacing - Beneteau Oceanis 400 (1996)

We need to replace the cup under the drain strainer in the aft head of our Beneteau Oceanis 400 - having looked at the way it is installed, there seems to be no simple way of removing the broken drain cup - and replacing it - any ideas?
pippatheskippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2019, 09:25   #2

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 400
Re: Shower Drain cup needs replacing - Beneteau Oceanis 400 (1996)

The screw fell out of the one in my forward head, and the silicone they glue it to the shower pan didn't hold, making me think it was broken. No easy way in and the line must be clamped because I couldn't pull it out either. After pumping the 10 gal of water out, I used a very long 6mm screw to grab the cup, cleaned all the surfaces and applied good silicone. Using a u shaped piece of wood through which I ran the long screw and a nut on top of it, I clamped the cup to the bottom of the shower pan while the silicone set and cured. Removed the long screw and clamp, silicone held in place while I installed the strainer and proper screw. Dodged that bullet....
Hope you do to.

Even StupidMonkeys have good days...
StupidMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beneteau, oceanis, shower