Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2017, 18:02   #1

Boat: Boatless
Crew needed Fiji to Japan to Alaska.

Moon Dancer, a well equipped Tayana 55, is leaving Fiji in Sept and heading for Alaska via Japan. Both the skipper and the boat have sailed 40,000nm in the last 10 years without serious mishap.

Two crew needed, good personality and mechanical skills more important than sailing experience. Ability to speak Japanese a great asset.

Position is unpaid but I pay for all boat expenses and food. You pay your own travel expenses. You get a professional level education in water sailing">blue water sailing.

"Remember, experience only means that you screw-up less often."
s/v Moondancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2017, 00:36   #2

Re: Crew needed Fiji to Japan to Alaska.

Hi Phil,
I might be interested. Could you give me an idea about the legs on this trip your time schedule and number of crew besides the Captain? I am in Taiwan at the moment and stay here about 6 months out of the year and the rest in Texas. Depending on your reply, I will either send you info about my sailing experience if you wish or I will let you know that it might not be for me. Either way enjoy and don't forget about these nasty typhoons North of the Equator July to Dec. around the Philippines, Taiwan and Japan.
Old 30-07-2017, 01:51   #3

Hello Phil

Are you still looking for crew ?
I have excellent mechanical skills and a fair amount of sailing experience, although not bluewater.
I spent a year in Japan ages ago and my Japanese is very rusty- but I know a little.

Andrew
barney2074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 20:58   #4

Hi Phil, I am interested in joining you on your trip. I have a good personality and a good amount of mechanical knowledge and ability but absolutely no Japanese. I have a basic profile you can look at and my contact details are :- Email, francislewis@hotmail.co.uk, Skype, Francis.Lewis15 or Whatsapp +447967185974. Cheers, Fran.
Fran the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 23:57   #5

Boat: Islander Freeport 36
Send a message via Skype™ to Chris151e

Hi Phil,
I sent you a PM re this crew position. As Taichungman said, be aware of the typhoon season, though my memory from living in Japan many years is the season *generally* ends in October. On the bright side, if conditions necessitate tucking into port on the final leg to Honshu, about 500 nm south of Tokyo is an island called Chichijima, normally not an accepted port of entry but with a REALLY interesting history and protected port.
Chris151e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 19:25   #6

Hi I'm jonathon. I'm 29 and Australian. I'm a qualified marine mechanic. I have experience crossing the pacific. Where will you be stopping along the way. I'm very interested and availiable now
Westyo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alaska, crew, Fiji, Japan