Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-02-2016, 07:21   #1

Windwards to Cartagena, South Pacific

Looking for crew in the Lesser Antilles, to go down the chain and across the top of South America to Colombia. I will be taking a break in the Cartagena/San Blas area before heading through the canal to do a voyage in the South Pacific visiting the more remote spots outside of the standard “milk run” route. I tend to enjoy cruising destinations where there is no airport, has infrequent supply ship visits and has less than five visiting yachts per season.

The Marquesas are beautiful but with several hundred boats crowding the anchorages in March-May, I prefer doing the southern route initially. Desired destinations include the Australs, back up towards Tokelau and a few Polynesian islands that are politically part of the Solomons. Must stop in Fiji to re provision and surf Cloud break! Eventually loop back to Hawaii or continue towards Micronesia.

Share expenses, alcohol free environment, minimalist approach (little engine use, anchor out whenever possible, live at local standard of living). Fluent or at least learning Spanish is a big plus as I would appreciate a study partner.

Skipper has over 70,000 miles experience which includes a single handed circumnavigation (below Africa, Panama Canal)

Boat specs, my sailing resume and past voyages can all be seen at sailingonpilgrim.wordpress.com. If interested, you are welcome to couchsurf and check things out. My profile is under "Jonas Collins"
Old 03-03-2016, 12:09   #2

Re: Windwards to Cartagena, South Pacific

Currently in the Grenadines and will be taking a short break in Tyrrel bay, Carriacou before heading back north toward some of the French Antilles that I missed.
Old 18-03-2016, 07:10   #3

In Portsmouth, Dominica. Would like to start heading towards Cartagena in April/May.
Old 04-04-2016, 15:25   #4

Still in Dominica, may head to Martinique later this week.
Old 08-04-2016, 20:23   #5

Cheers Jonas

As i said before Open schedule!!! and ready to outwardbound.
I am currently in Cartagena
Good sail

LoBO
Old 11-04-2016, 08:01   #6

For now I am working on getting to Cartagena. Doing a step at a time. Once there I will focus on getting to Panama and getting the boat set to transit the canal.
Old 11-04-2016, 10:01   #7

Hey Jonas!
I am currently in Panamá and looking for a boat from Panamá / San Blas Islands. My destiny was originally Colombia, but for a sailing experience I would go anywhere basically. We already had e-mail contact a few months ago but said we would catch up later when we both know our routes. I have no sailing experience but I'm a fast learner and everybody has to start at one point I would love to learn about our waters and see all the remote places in this world. Places that not everybody sees.
I speak Fluent Spanish and German (where I am from).
I have a profile on findacrew.net https://www.findacrew.net/en/crew/269770

And on workaway: Alessandra Engel

And I requested to be your friend in couchsurfing yesterday.

Let me know what your plans are and if you are still looking for crew members

Saludos!
Old 11-04-2016, 14:22   #8

Brill Jonas,

I am currently in cartagena...I will be alert your arriving!!!
Feel free to contact me raulkautela at gmail dot com or mobile 57 313 211 9303
cheers
LOBO
www.findacrew.net/en/crew/269376

Tags
cartagena, south pacific, wind