Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-01-2013, 00:05   #1

Boat: Lagoon 560
Captain and cook (prefer a couple) needed to sail us from St. Maarten thru Panama Can

To all experienced Captains and Cooks interested in sailing from St. Maarten through the Panama Canal.

We are a cruising couple (Sailing in a Lagoon 560) that are just about to set sail and cross the Atlantic in early February arriving in St. Maarten in late February (2013). Our current captain needs to return to France once we arrive in St. Maarten and we would like to secure a new crew to continue our voyage through the Panama canal. If all works well, we would possibly consider this same couple to help us continue to help cross the Pacific to the Marquesas.

Things to consider, not only would we like to have a cook who pays attention to keeping the place tidy; the responsibilities would also include helping us to care for our 4-year-old daughter (who is disabled, but easy). We are also a non-smoking couple and also don't drink alcohol. We would very much like to have non-smokers.

Please, only experienced captains with sailing large catamaran experience (or equivalent), who have already crossed the Pacific, should apply. Please respond to this with a brief description of your experience and we will contact you to provide a CV/Resume and salary request to us.

We plan on leaving St. Maarten in early March, so we need to secure a captain and crew quickly-so please contact as soon as you are able so we can set up an interview.

Thanks,
The family of Amara
Old 21-01-2013, 05:15   #2

This is my CV:

I'm 23 y/o, born in Israel. I'm a professional*skipper, sailing since 2003, graduated nautical high*school*and then went to serve in the*navy.
I'm qualified as a*skipper*for both*motor*and sailing vessels up to 24 meters, (monohaul and catamaran) and l'm also an open*water*diver .
I have a total mileage of 9000 NM on S.V (some as crew some as captain), mostly all around the Med sea.
I'm experienced with all duties on board, from bottom till top - (deckboy to skipper), so I can do good where ever is needed (a real handyman they all say).
I worked as a sailing instructor, for a year, for all special needs population (kids and adults).
I also was part of a sailing*racing*team for 4 years.

Now I've decided to go farther on with my heart and my main goal is to circumnavigate the world!

I've planed the*route, saved*money, bought*equipment, said goodbye to everyone and set sail west.
Since then I had sailed with 4 different boats all over the Med.
I'm meeting the nicest people and so far having the best time of my life.

next chapter in my story is - crossing the Pacific !

And a littel about me: non smoker, energetic, friendly, always smiling, not afraid of hard work, eager to learn, responsible and adventurous.
Old 21-01-2013, 10:17   #3

Boat: voyage 580 catamaran
PM sent
Old 24-02-2013, 18:53   #4

Re: Captain and cook (prefer a couple) needed to sail us from St. Maarten thru Panama

My Name is Mark Needler I am a Professional Yacht Delivery skipper, I have covered approximatley 175k nms, I have travelled though the Panama Canal on more than one occasion, I have also sailed extensively in the South Pacific and Europe. I have also crossed the Atlantic on more than one ocassion.
I am an RYA Commercially registered Yacht Master and have been sailing since I was 4.5yrs old.
I have delivered a 60ft Catamaran from the Maldives to Cyprus, I have also delivered a Lagoon 440 from Turkey to Brisbane.
I am interested about the delivery you are planning and would like to discuss this matter with you further.
My Email Address is mark_needler@hotmail.com, Mob +64 21 902185. If you let me know your email address I will submit a formal CV with all the relivant certification.
Kind Regards
Mark Needler

PS I have also replied on Crew seeker
Old 25-02-2013, 13:05   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to Sailingsoon1959
Re: Captain and cook (prefer a couple) needed to sail us from St. Maarten thru Panama

I am in Bequia and would love this oppertunity i am a great cook and team player ive included my CVThank you
Diana
I have at least 20,000 miles of sailing experience. I have sailed through out the Caribbean Lived aboard My boat, for several years. I have a uscc 6 pack lic. Currant passport And TWIC card ,red cross CPR , Emt, also World Cruising Blue Water safety Cert .I am currently working towards my 100 ton Master .

I can Stand watch, Navigate , I enjoy cooking and provisioning , i can handle any deck work, I would be an asset to any team. I am a non smoker , drug free, sober.
I have no current health problems.

I grew up in south Florida and the Bahamas, Sailing, and Diving

Boats I have worked on, or owned:

30' Catalina Chesapeake Bay
36' Choey Lee Chesapeake to Abacos December 2008
36' Catalina Chesapeake to Bahamas 1990 to 1998
36' Alberg New York to Bahamas
36' Allied Princess New York to Andros
42' Columbia Sailcrafter Chesapeake Bay Bahamas Cuba Florida 1998-2006
42.5 Saber Bahamas exumas abacos Maine, Boston to Marathon 2009-2012
50' Lobster Boat. JUPITER Fl
45' Hunter Norfolk to Tortola November 2011 Caribbean 1500
32' C&C Corvette Chesapeake Bay
47 'Catana Nassau to Palm Beach December 2011
44 Lagoon Trinidad To Charleston January 2012
45 Koopsman alum Palm beach to Georgetown Grand Cayman's March 2012
48 Knysna Georgetown. BAHAMAS. MAY 2012
38 Lagoon St Augustine to Annapolis June 2012
36 C&C Anapolis to New London CT July 2012
40' Maverick Cat. Ft Lauderdale to Annapolis Md 10-1-2012
47 Catana Freeport to Port St Lucy 12/26/13
Old 26-02-2013, 14:54   #6

My name is Ignacio. I am already working as Master 1600 GT unlimmited in a Ferries company. You can see the web page www.lineasbluebird.com. Skipper unlimited with
all the certificates needed within SCTW 95. I had been sailing with my own boat and
worked for more than 35 five different boats. Ibiza-Canary Islands. Saiantander-Canary Islands. One year in the spanish navy and a lot of experience. My wife is a good cooker
already working in a hotel in Gran Canar
Old 04-03-2013, 14:45   #7

Hello Sir/Madam,

I believe I tried writing you once before from an other site but am unsure if my email went through. Just encase you did not get it I wanted to write you here as well. Your planned trip and the crew you are looking for is exactly what the two of us have been searching for and I believe we can be the ideal match for you.

So a little bit about myself. I am 29 and have been sailing professionally for over 9 years, all of which have been in the sail education arena. I come from a long line of teachers and teaching is truly my passion. My first job was lifeguarding and teaching swim lessons for infants to elderly. While in college and the years after I have been teaching sailing, again to children as young as 6 and up. I have mastered my skills enough to be comfortable in working with individuals who have disabilities as well, whether they be physical, mental or emotional. It is one thing I can truly say that I excel at. Laura is also a fantastic teacher. She has a true passion for sharing and interacting with others. In the two years we've worked together I haven't met a single student who hasn't absolutely adored her. Additionally she is a great sailor who I have the utmost confidence in.

For the past two years I have been running a college study aboard program as Director and Captain aboard two large schooners across the globe. With this experience and the previous 2 years as mate aboard I have developed the skills needed to take complete novice crews and teach them how to sail around the world. And for us the experience is more than just the destinations but the journey and bonds we formed along the way helping to shape many young adults.

It has been a great adventure and now Laura and I are looking for our new great adventure, which is how we've found you. I hope that I have not bombarded you with too much for an initial email but I wanted to give you a sense about myself and us, which you can not always get through a resume. Especially as you would be inviting us into your home and family with a young child.

I understand that you will be holding interviews via skype soon. For this my skype name is Kevin.Johnsen along with my email: capt.kjohnsen@gmail.com

I hope that we can be the right match for each other and hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Kevin
Old 19-03-2013, 09:55   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amara View Post
To all experienced Captains and Cooks interested in sailing from St. Maarten through the Panama Canal.

We are a cruising couple (Sailing in a Lagoon 560) that are just about to set sail and cross the Atlantic in early February arriving in St. Maarten in late February (2013). Our current captain needs to return to France once we arrive in St. Maarten and we would like to secure a new crew to continue our voyage through the Panama canal. If all works well, we would possibly consider this same couple to help us continue to help cross the Pacific to the Marquesas.

Things to consider, not only would we like to have a cook who pays attention to keeping the place tidy; the responsibilities would also include helping us to care for our 4-year-old daughter (who is disabled, but easy). We are also a non-smoking couple and also don't drink alcohol. We would very much like to have non-smokers.

Please, only experienced captains with sailing large catamaran experience (or equivalent), who have already crossed the Pacific, should apply. Please respond to this with a brief description of your experience and we will contact you to provide a CV/Resume and salary request to us.

We plan on leaving St. Maarten in early March, so we need to secure a captain and crew quickly-so please contact as soon as you are able so we can set up an interview.

Thanks,
The family of Amara
We sail as a couple together. I hold 100 ton license and have much experience on catamarans. I have sailed across the s pacific 3 times and traveled through the Panama Canal 17 times....I am happy to send you my résumé and look forward to sailing with you. We have the time and experience you are looking for , also she is a good cook and deck hand works,
I have recommendations and would love the opportunity to sail across the pacific again.
Old 19-03-2013, 13:41   #9

hi my name is captain Gabriel Cordero currently in miami FL got many years of experience doing deliveries and working onboard got my 50 ton master with sail and tow endorsements born and raise in puerto Rico.. Fit agile non-smoker very good with kid also very very good cook!! that was my college! available ASAP! resume available! upon request! hope here from you for a memorable experience on the sea! Captain Gabriel Cordero(USCGMASTER)
Old 06-06-2013, 22:13   #10

we have experience on that route and many years in Panama, many deliveries throuout carribbean sea, atlantic and pacific central America and Colombia

Tags
captain, cook, Lagoon 560, sail to Panama