Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-05-2017, 11:18   #1

Boat: Islander Freeport 36
Send a message via Skype™ to Chris151e
crew for catamaran

I'm currently shopping for my next boat with circumnavigation in mind and would like to experience passage-making on a catamaran. I'm an experienced monohull sailor with West Coast coastal cruising experience and about 1,000 Nm open ocean experience including ITCZ. I'm glad to share watch responsibilities, provisioning expenses, doing what needs to be done. I'm a 56yo man, competent and laid back, world traveller, diver, flexible, can join in a conversation or enjoy being quiet.

I'd prefer Central/South Pacific region, especially with a multicultural crew, and I'm available immediately through the end of the sailing season. Currently exploring the Galapagos.

Fair winds my friends,
Chris151e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 03:10   #2

Re: crew for catamaran

I have chartered a 2016 Nautitech Open 46 from Oct 7-14 with a skipper / Instructor from Pula, Croatia. I have limited sailing experience and I am planning to buy a cat. If you have interest in sharing expenses + persomal attention from the instructor + oppotunity to equally be hands on sailing the boat let me know. The total cost for everything on the boat not including food will be $1500 each per person. There will be no more than 4 crew + 1 skipper. Each crew member will have have his own private cabin and head. The skipper will sleep in a crew cabin in the bow. The trip will have a balance of learning + fun + equal shared responsibility to sail the boat + equal share of duties onboard. If you have interest, let me know and we can discuss further. Regards, P. Augustus
Augi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catamaran, crew