Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-08-2015, 06:24   #1

Boat: Valiant 42
Cartagena to Panama (Update)

I would like one crew to sail from Cartagena to Panama and, possibly on to South Pacific. Will depart Cartagena mid-November. See my post below dated July 21 for more information.

Cheers,
Douglas McLean
s/v Gillean
Old 14-10-2015, 09:33   #2

Re: Cartagena to Panama (Update)

Hello Mr McLean,

I'm Barbaros,a 6th-year medical student from Izmir/Turkey who has recently taken a year off to travel around the South America.Crossing the ocean will be the most special part of this trip and I already welcome all challenges with a great energy as a way to improve myself and my sailing skills.I was checking out the forum and have just come accross with yours!I would like to join your boat from Spain to Caribbeans or even further to Panama.

As for sailing,I have attended basic sailing courses for 4 months and participated in some sailing races along the Aegean coast of Turkey.I've taken part in boat transfers by both motoring and sailing on Greek and Turkish coasts,also from Italy to Greece totally making around 1800-1900 miles in the sea.I am an open-minded personality that makes it easier to get along with people from so different backgrounds.I am willing to take any duty and responsibility on the boat : Night watch,cooking,deckhand,sail trimming...

I was brought up with sea culture and have been lucky enough to live in a city,Izmir, whose history and lifestyle is shaped by the sea throughout the history. I'm an energetic,laid-back,cheerful,tidy as well as a responsible person (as medical school requires it a lot) and very well-informed of the history,mythology,traditions of my part of the world.I am so good at cooking Turkish,Greek and Med-cuisine with lots of greens and olive oil as well as some well-known dishes from Asian and Mexican cuisines.I am fluent in English,Greek and Turkish and at beginner level in French.

Moreover,as a medical student,I'm fully trained for first aid or any case of emergency as well as for basic medical interventions.

If you are interested,I would like to know more about your plans and expectations from your crew.Please do not hesitate to ask me anything,

I will appreciate your answer (my e-mail address is barbarossso@gmail.com) ,

Best Regards,

Barbaros

Tags
cartagena, Panama