Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-07-2015, 18:25   #1

Northern Passage Canada-Russia-Japan 2016

Hello,

this is a serious call. I am conscious, that the chance to find someone is pretty small, but lets try it anyway.

I am/We are looking for a boat, mission, someone, who wants to do the northern passage from Canada towards Japan (or Russia).

My humble experience: Last summer i did the transatlantic and i have gained around 4000 nm experience on four different kind of boats. I am not the super know-how deckhand, but i know what to expect and how to work and life on a boat.

AND

With me would be a friend, who would pitch in for this. Hes a Captain, lived 6 years permanently on sea, around 130k nm experience and a very good knowledge about this area. He would come for the adventure, as his boat got damaged during a hurricane and lies since then in the Caribbean.

Why i am searching? For me the objective is quite simple, i want to cross the Pacific within the northern hemisphere and head towards Japan/Russia. I am going around the world via land- and seaways and the crossing between this two continents is one of my big challenges. Originally i was planning to hitchhike through the Bering Straight (call me craz, but i have friend who did this, so it is "theoretically possible") but it seems, that as a non-Russian i would have heavy issues with the immigration. Sailing is the alternative plan. I am absolutely willed to go that way with all its difficulties and discomforts. I need to fullfill my mission under all circumstances.

We are ready after New Year.

Whatever comes up, if there is a possibility, we will be very happy to take this chance and do the trip!

Fair winds,

Korn

Tags
Canada, Japan, passage, Russia