Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-11-2014, 13:58   #1

Boat: Skookum 53'
I just flew in from Morocco and boy are my arms tired!

Hi All,
Just got back from a vessel delivery from Louisiana to Agadir, Morocco.
It was not a nice ride for the most part. After we left San Juan, Puerto Rico we took it on the nose for the entire crossing until we got near the Canary Islands. This was a big power boat, but with 25 kt to 35 kt winds out of the north east we got bounced around pretty good. Then there were a couple of days we had 50+kt winds and 20' seas. So if you were sailing from Europe to the Caribbean you would have had a great sail. This was a commercial run and no time for sight seeing, we did get to see a Moonbow, my first ever in all the time I've spent on the ocean. We also saw a 50' Sperm whale, lots of flying fish, a couple of very nice yachts headed for the Canary Islands. Once we arrived in Agadir, there was a 3 mast schooner coming into port by the name of "Sea Cloud II" what a beauty! Did not get to go aboard, as soon as we got the boat to the quay and cleared in, we were taken straight to the hotel and flown home. Anyway we left LA on the 22nd of Oct, and arrived at midnight on the 8th of Nov. burned up 22,000 gallons of fuel and got the snot kicked out of us. Was very glad to make landfall. So the trade winds are running strong this year.

Tags
Morocco