Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2019, 14:51   #1

Dinghy Cruising questions

I'm thinking about heading to the mediterranian in a few weeks (late september to early october) to try and do some dinghy cruising. I'd plan to charter a dinghy and camp in it. I probably start off getting to know an area, but then I might try some day trips.

Has anyone got any tips? Ideas of where I might hire the dinghy and/or where would be good sailing around that time, would be much appreciated. A brief google found a package holiday, but they don't run later enough in the year.
WillP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 15:45   #2

Boat: Volkscruiser
Re: Dinghy Cruising questions

Thats a good question, I bet there would be some good small boat cruising in the Med. Have you tried Facebook? Here in Queensland we have an excellent Facebook page "Trailer Sailer Club of Queensland" Surely there would be something similar over there?
What about buying your own boat and doing it? I had a customer here in Oz who purchased a trailer sailer in Germany then cruised all the waterways. Then at the end of the trip he had the trailer sailer trucked to some guy he had met and had decided to give it to him. The whole trip cost him hardly anything and by sleeping onboard instead of hotels had probably saved him money.
Cheers
Fore and Aft is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat charters, cruising, dinghy