Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Europe & Mediterranean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-11-2018, 06:41   #1

Headed to Croatia to look at cats

Heading to Croatia in a week and a half to look at catamarans. We plan on starting the purchase process soon to ensure we have a boat in our name and flagged by May 15th when we plan on leaving to sail for one year. Looking at 38-42 foot boats $275,000 and less.

Does anyone have any advice for a couple from the US going out to look at boats?

I tried finding a buyers broker but most did not seem responsive or interested. Every time I called a selling broker on a boat they have been very responsive and I have set up appointments to view 8 boats so far.

Any good buyer broker recommendations?

Things seem to be selling relatively quickly down there right now, any thoughts on market timing vs getting a good boat?

Surveyor recommendations?

Interested in any experience people may have to help me be as informed as I can be.
jgw50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2018, 07:32   #2

Boat: Lagoon 380 S2
Re: Headed to Croatia to look at cats

Hi there

We have just sold our lagoon 380 in the Ionian ( not far from Croatia ). Good cats are very difficult to find at the moment... we sold our on this site and had about 12 lots of buyers interested !!

You could try Williams & Smithells at Lefkada ... they have been very good for us in the past and will know of any cats for sale in the ionian region of Greece.

Good luck with your search !!
Haywoods is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Croatia, head