Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 09:16   #16

Re: Texas Gulf Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPelican View Post
My boat is presently in a private slip in Lake Travis, Austin, TX. I plan to truck her to the Gulf Coast this fall and complete her fitting out and refurbishment there before continuing east.
How do you plan to get your boat out of Travis?

Cape Dory 25D Seraph
rtbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:26   #17

Boat: Watkins 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill cartwright View Post
I am at Bayland Marina and there are no minimum boat sizes for livaboards and no charge either. The power is metered at you plug (30/50amp) and they have slips from 35 to 110'. The marina is brand new and only 25 boats there as it was wiped out during the last big storm that hit Texas. The new marina will not be wiped out due to the steel pilings are higher than the land so Baytown will flood 1st. It is easy on and off the freeway but it is the fartherest marina from Galveston. Slips are about 215 a month for 35 foot, so more reasonable and no crime here as the Police keep their boats here. Nice little store and good people. Bayland Marina, look it up on google.
have a good one!
That marina is actually already at the top of my list. The only drawbacks to it that I perceive are the distance from chandleries and haulout facilities but I guess I can motor between the haulout and the marina and I plan to keep my car till the last minute anyway
OldPelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:25   #18

Boat: Flicka, 20' homebuilt

You are about an hour or so to Seabrook Shipyard and another half hour or so to Dickenson yard. All according to weather they do it or you do it. Clearlake has noise with all the cars and kiddie rides going all the time and traffic is pure hell. I just drive to the boat store and get what I want and a few minutes later back and there is a good ACE 3 miles from the marina plus free WIFI. They rent day or month to month or 6 months or year and give discount for yearly rate if paid in advance. About 10% I think. They have their on fuel docks and pump out docks also. Other than that you are good to go. A Marina should be peaceful and low crime and low lookie loos, kinda like a home, private but still approachable and not a tourist trap and all the other bs. JMHO =)
Have a good one!

S/Y Enterprise
bill cartwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 20:08   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtbates View Post
How do you plan to get your boat out of Travis?
Hopefully, if the lake doesn't get too much shallower, I'll have it hauled out and loaded on a truck at Emerald point. My boat will float in chest deep water
Old 01-06-2013, 20:11   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill cartwright View Post
You are about an hour or so to Seabrook Shipyard and another half hour or so to Dickenson yard. All according to weather they do it or you do it. Clearlake has noise with all the cars and kiddie rides going all the time and traffic is pure hell. I just drive to the boat store and get what I want and a few minutes later back and there is a good ACE 3 miles from the marina plus free WIFI. They rent day or month to month or 6 months or year and give discount for yearly rate if paid in advance. About 10% I think. They have their on fuel docks and pump out docks also. Other than that you are good to go. A Marina should be peaceful and low crime and low lookie loos, kinda like a home, private but still approachable and not a tourist trap and all the other bs. JMHO =)
Have a good one!

S/Y Enterprise
That will work for me.

You may get bothered by a looky loo when I get there. Love the Flicka...but I'll have a pint of Sailor Jerry's in my hip pocket to ease the pain
Old 05-09-2013, 11:58   #21

Boat: '74 Cal25
Send a message via Yahoo to mtm41

Sabine Pass Port Authority at Sabine Pass, TX. 409-971-2411 or Ohmstede marina in Lake Charles, LA.
mtm41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paracelle, texas