Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-01-2013, 15:51   #1

Atlantic 42 partnership

Looking for one or two partners to purchase a Chris White Atlantic 42 for use on the East Coast the first year, then the Bahamas and the Caribbean in the years following.

There are two such boats on the market today on YachtWorld.com. Both are in Maryland. Chris White is one of the leading designers of multihulls in the US. The Atlantic 42 is a true "performance cruiser" with an innovative aft pilothouse, mid cockpit design. There have been 17 of the boats built to date plus several larger boats using a similar design.

I live in New England and would like to do some cruising over the next several years in Maine, the Bahamas and the Caribbean. I have owned other boats in partnership and find it works well for me. My ocean cruising up until now has been on charters (British Columbia, Maine, BVI) and week long cruises with friends on their boat (Maine). I would like to purchase this summer but won't be spending extended time on the boat until the summer of 2014 and thereafter. Until then I'd like to keep the boat in the New England to Chesapeake area in order to have easy access to it.

If you are interested please contact me with a private reply and we can discuss the possibilities offline.
WilliamHickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 21:19   #2

Re: Atlantic 42 partnership

One of the 2 Atlantic 42s is now marked "Sale Pending". The other has come down in price by $40,000.
Old 03-03-2013, 22:28   #3

Boat: Kelsall Suncat 40

Muy interesante

But then again, we are just a small family sailing about on our own cat. Tell us more about your previous experience with a partnership, geographical locations, maintenance (DIY and outsourced), passports, flag registration, etc etc, and THEN you might get some feedback from interested parties....

PS. I love the Atlantics.

Jimbo485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2013, 09:09   #4

I've entered into a partnership on an Atlantic 42. Using forums works!
Old 28-06-2014, 06:08   #5

william,
how is the partnership going? i am considering entering one.
donphall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2014, 14:20   #6

Great so far. Whenever something doesn't go exactly as I want it I remind myself of all of the advantages and the dissatisfaction goes away. We're a bit of a special case in that we got together with a goal of sailing the boat around the world in the Blue Planet Odyssey rather than the more common goal of time-sharing a boat. Some of the best times so far have been when we're all sailing together. The challenges have been in building a consensus when we don't initially agree

Tags
partnership