Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-12-2016, 10:03   #1

experienced Maintenant & Mechanical Crew Wanted

I'm in the process of looking to buy a trawler to travel around for at least 6 months. I need a crew with experience in maintenance and mechanic to join me in at the beginning stage of looking for boat so I can learn more about my future crew. This person might be living aboard my boat and doing maintenance of the boat while I leave my boat to go back home to New Mexico for at least 3 months at a time after each journey. Currently there is a boat in Guaymas, Sonora, Mexico that the seller wants to trade for my motorhome plus $20K cash for his boat and I'm very interested. I will be driving my motorhome this evening to San Diego from New Mexico to look for boat and on the way I'll stop by Tucson, Arizona to go with the owner of the boat to Mexico to check out his boat (picture in attachment). If you're interested in joining me to go look at boat or have any question, please let me know. If you have some sort of profile on Facebook, Instagram, etc..., that's even better so I can learn more about you.
rickykngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2016, 10:54   #2

Boat: Krogen 42
Re: experienced Maintenant & Mechanical Crew Wanted

I'm assuming you are going to pay for this expertise.
Old 16-12-2016, 11:22   #3

hello Rick, I am Sergio from Brazil professional sailor for over 22 yrs experience in boats (Mega Yacht, sail boat and tugboat) working in many places like Caribean sea, US sea Canada, Mediterranean sea and also everywhere in Mexico. I am a boats painter, fiberglass and gel coat repair, not a mechanic or electrician but, I can tell you for sure, be care full before by a boat from people you dont know. you really need someone whom can help you, unfortunilly I am in Brazil for christmas and new years eve. but, if you are interested we can deal my trip to Mexico to teach you about it.
there are many things that I can not tell you online or by phone.
I have good american people references that I have been working in Mexico, good boats with american flags.
Godd luck
itororo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2016, 08:26   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridian28 View Post
I'm assuming you are going to pay for this expertise.
Sorry, at the moment I can only afford to pay for expenses and fuel to travel as far as Thailand and leave my boat there and fly back home for at least 3 months. What I'm looking for is some experience not expert level in exchange for full time travelling and year round living on a good liveable space of a trawler. I figure I'd be excited if some boat owner offers me the same in addition I will share the expenses with the boat owner. If you think I'm asking too much, please forgive me for my inexperience in this subject. Now I feel like I want to deleted this ad and redo it differently. How do I delete it?
rickykngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2016, 18:45   #5
Marine Service Provider

Count on me from Fort Lauderdale and wishing to add more experiences in life. Experienced mechanic and maintenance for15 years. Good sailor and good chef.
Tel 305 833 4540
jcgomez25@icloud.com
jcvalor25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cal, crew, crew wanted, enc, mechanic, wanted