Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2016, 19:53   #1

West Coast Mexico?

I'm hoping to go all-in with OpenPlotter and OpenCPN 4.4. I've tested most of it with my RPI3 and it's working fine (noting the apparent issues with OpenGL and a few other things). AIS-SDR looks good, and I'm about to implement some other inputs using serial converters.

The question is: Am I wasting my time?

Every time I search for decent, up-to-date chart sources for the Mexican West coast, I seem to hit a road block of some kind. I guess I can create KAP files from Google, but there are some pretty huge limitations there.

Does anyone have knowledge of decent OpenCPN compatible chart sources for the Mexican West coast? I've done a great deal of searching, and what I seem to find is that charts that might be up-to-date, such as C-MAP or Navionics, aren't compatible.

I'm hearing that I can get charts from SEMAR, but I'd like to hear from someone who has actually done it and implemented the charts on OpenCPN successfully.

Anyone?
abarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 01:18   #2

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Re: West Coast Mexico?

See other recent post on charts. Use ochart pi plugin for s-63 and purchase charts, bcn knows best ones for that area.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Mexico, west coast