Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-06-2018, 20:24   #1

Boat: one off 46 foot trimaran
Hawaii to California crew wanted

Aloha,

I am looking for 2-3 crew to help me sail a 42 ft 2005 Atlantic (shris white design) catamaran from Oahu or Big island to Ventura, California starting July 25-30.

Crew would be expected to share in watches and meal prep. I would provision the boat. I am happy to pick up from airport in Hawaii. You would also be expected to bring foulies, and other personal safety gear needed.

The boat has 3 year old rigging, sails are in reasonable shape, and the boat is otherwise mechanically sound (as far as I know) with sat phone, multiple epirbs, delorme, gps and paper and electronic charts. No life raft is carried. I try to be careful, but do not warrant your safety.

In the last three years I have sailed the boat from SF to Hawaii (12 days), extensively around the hawaiian islands, and down to Kirimati and back with no major problems.

I prefer experienced, friendly, clean, considerate, stable, adaptable crew. No smoking on the boat. No sprayed sunscreen. No high heels. No belting out opera.

Me: 48 yo male ER physician with moderate sailing experience on multiple boats. Like to think of myself as friendly, stable and prone to pranks and joking (WERE SINKING!!!... nah, just kidding) I sail conservatively offshore.

Please send me an email (oneunderscoreflipperathotmaildotcom)with an idea of your background, any questions you might have about me or boat, etc. I will try to be prompt in replies although I am working then flying around a bunch in coming10 days.

Regards,

Carl
trimaranfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2018, 02:47   #2

Boat: one off 46 foot trimaran
Re: Hawaii to California crew wanted

Have been asked to clarify email for responses:

one_flipper@hotmail.com

Carl
trimaranfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 17:38   #3

Boat: CAL 35
Re: Hawaii to California crew wanted

Hey Carl,

Just sent you an email!

Looking forward to hearing more about this!

Nick

Tags
cal, california, crew, crew wanted, hawaii, wanted