Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2018, 12:42   #1

Crew for short trips from Beaufort NC

I am looking for folks who would like to go sailing out of Beaufort NC on short trips in a 44' ketch which I recently sailed from Grenada. Too big for me to sail alone. Spencer Mace
srmace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 00:34   #2

Boat: Lavranos 42
Re: Crew for short trips from Beaufort NC

Hi Spencer, we are experienced cruisers coming to the USA on a holiday to do some land cruising. We have a 42 ft steel cruiser here in Cape Town South Africa and sailed and lived on her for over 10 years. We are going to be in West Virginia with a friend for some time and would love to to do some sailing while there. If interested please contact us at
brkutzer1@gmail.com
Kind regards
Bert and Michelle Kutzer
snatch85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2018, 13:51   #3

My name is Brian Taylor. I live in Greenville. I am 74 year old retired guy who has a fair amount of sailing experience in the Chesapeake Bay and some in the Caribbean, mainly on 30'+ and 40'+ boats. I am very active and most people do not believe my age when I tell them it. I am very interested in your listing, if you are still looking for that crew drop me a line. If you like we could meet for coffee one day anywhere in the surrounding area.
Thanks
Brian
Brian Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2018, 08:10   #4

We are a recently retired couple living in the NC foothills with reasonable sailing experience and some ASA certifications. Can you please provide more description of "short trips"? Several days to a couple weeks might work.

Thanks
RealSailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2018, 09:13   #5

Hi, I have this 44' Reliance I bought in Grenada and sailed up to Beaufort this spring and I am looking for compatible people to sail with since it is really too big to sail single handed. I guess 2-4 days is what I had in mind. Wrightsville Beach is a fun destination, or, Ocracoke, Cape Lookout is a beautiful place. My cell is 919-639-1427, we would need to talk and see if we are compatible. I am 71, very fit, married, been sailing 30 years, done the Atlantic from Grenada to Nova Scotia. Spence
srmace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2018, 14:31   #6

OK, great. I just sent a text so let me know if it did not come through. Happy to do a call in any case.
RealSailing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beaufort, crew