Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-12-2017, 03:42   #46

Boat: Building Wharrams
Re: Building SV Satoshi - Wharram Tiki 38

In this video you can see that I applied some epoxy and I also washed many back bone parts with water to remove amine blush.
Building Wharrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 14:46   #47

On this day I was drawing the lower bulkheads on the lofting floor.
Old 01-01-2018, 13:03   #48

Today I did a redraw of the lower bulkheads on the lofting floor, because I was not satisfied with the method I used in the previous video. The previous time I used a flexible ruler to draw curved lines for the lower bulkheads, but when I was at home and looked again at the plans I noticed that these are obviously straight lines. So I had to go to the workspace today to redraw the lower bulkheads together with Louissanto. I forgot to film or photograph the difference, but I will show it in the next video.
Old 14-01-2018, 23:58   #49

On this day I reorganized one of the rooms, applied some epoxy on backbone parts, removed amine blush. Received several new pieces of 9mm Bruynzeel Hechthout and hardboard, stored them in my temperature and humidity controlled room. Did some sanding. Applied a second layer of epoxy on 2 pieces. And the last thing I did was re-checking the lower bulkhead drawings that I made on the lofting floor.
Old 15-01-2018, 00:00   #50

In this video I am making the lower bulkhead patterns out of hardboard. Using my new blockplane to straighten the edges of the patterns works much better than my previous method of using the random orbit sander.
Old 22-01-2018, 02:52   #51

In this video I am making the lower bulkhead sections out of 10mm Bruynzeel Hechthout marine grade plywood. Did I mention already that I love working with my small block plane?
Old 01-09-2018, 22:23   #52

Since my last post I have moved to Bangkok, Thailand. I always wanted to live in Thailand and now it is reality.

I am kind of settled down and I am restarting my boatbuilding with a smaller project. I created a new forum thread for it: Building a Wharram Hitia 14 - Cruisers & Sailing Forums
Old 07-09-2018, 03:26   #53

Don't know what your future plans are, but if you still have those tiki 38' blueprints, I would be very interested in purchasing them from you. Of course that's f you don't have any plans of finishing that project. Ive been planning on starting a tiki 38 build of my own next spring, in fact my plan was to buy the blueprints this month because Wharram is running a 20% off special on all their boat plans in September. But maybe we can work something out. Please PM me if you have any interest
shayski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 05:01   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayski View Post
Don't know what your future plans are, but if you still have those tiki 38' blueprints, I would be very interested in purchasing them from you. Of course that's f you don't have any plans of finishing that project. Ive been planning on starting a tiki 38 build of my own next spring, in fact my plan was to buy the blueprints this month because Wharram is running a 20% off special on all their boat plans in September. But maybe we can work something out. Please PM me if you have any interest
Hello Shayski, thank you very much for your reply. My plan is to first build smaller Wharrams and after that the Tiki 38, so I am sorry, but I am not selling the Tiki 38 plans. I appreciate it that you are reaching out to me about this, because it could have been beneficial for both of us.

I can highly recommend buying the plans (with the 20% discount) directly from the Wharram website. They are well worth the price.

If you have any questions about the plans that is not answered on the Wharram website, please feel free to ask me here or send me an email directly at svsatoshi@gmail.com

Tags
wharram