Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-06-2018, 13:48   #1

Boat: Tartan 3700
Need Surveyor in Houston area for pre-purchase survey

I am fairly new to sailing and this forum and have made an offer on an exceptionally clean boat located in the Kemah/ Clear Lake, Texas area (Waterford Marina) and am looking for a reputable surveyor that knows sloops.

Even though the boat is clean and owner has spent considerable money on it, I still want to get a thorough survey including haul-out and sea test. Its a 40 year old boat.

I'm also wondering if there is a standard checklist that surveyors use. Most claim that they check all systems - but they don't specify the systems.
Hardalee53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 13:35   #2

Re: Need Surveyor in Houston area for pre-purchase survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardalee53 View Post
I am fairly new to sailing and this forum and have made an offer on an exceptionally clean boat located in the Kemah/ Clear Lake, Texas area (Waterford Marina) and am looking for a reputable surveyor that knows sloops.

Even though the boat is clean and owner has spent considerable money on it, I still want to get a thorough survey including haul-out and sea test. Its a 40 year old boat.

I'm also wondering if there is a standard checklist that surveyors use. Most claim that they check all systems - but they don't specify the systems.
When I bought my sailboat I had a certified surveyor, Louis Stahlberg, survey our boat. He came highly recommended and I thought he did a really good job. Of course, I know a lot more about boats than I did 4 years ago. Our boat was sold by Little Yacht Sales.

LHS Marine Services, Marine Surveyor - About the Surveyor

He states what's included on this page:

LHS Marine Services, Marine Surveyor - Survey Content
razermouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
houston, purchase, survey, surveyor