Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-05-2017, 14:26   #1

Boat: Custom 49.7' Catamaran
49.7' 2007 Custom Catamaran Hughes/Wharram based - Project - $37,499 Must Sell

Thanks for reading - Cat is located at St. Augustine Marine Center - Catamaran DYI Yard, St. Augustine, FL - Vessel has excellent shell for build out, some misc. and brand new engines still in box. Have well over $49K invested, builder had over $100K invested. 49.7' length, 26' beam, 3.5' draft full load. Est. 26K dry. Need to sell ASAP to take care of medical expenses. Please send me a message through the Forum and I will get with you, many more picts and lots more info on boat. Thanks!

Info on vessel: Spent two+ years hunting a solid, large, well built catamaran to build out for live aboard. "Sea Kay" was bought fully intending to build out and live on 6 mo/year in the Florida Keys for early retirement. Soon after purchase, serious injuries to both feet and ankles required major reconstructive surgeries with more to come. Retirement dream has to go as cannot do the work and nor sail safely for a long time to come due to injuries. Needs a good home asap with a new owner who has the ability and vision. Will be a great cat for blue water, sturdy for charter, light (26K dry per builder, USCG reg 36K by beam and length), stable (50' aluminum mast), and will be conservatively worth $140,000 - $180,000 when completed according to pros who know her.

"Sea Kay" splashed 2008 after 12 years of under-roof build. She has an interesting story and very solid, well built bones. Custom design based on Kurt Hughes and James Wharram plans, w/1,300 sq ft of living area inc. 2 king berths upstairs. Built by master carpenter/contractor who helped shipwright several large cats in St. Augustine, FL. Builder spent in excess of $100K, have 3 large albums w/pictures of progressive build & receipts for first $60K they logged. Builder had serious health issues and had to (very reluctantly) sell. Current owner had hauled after purchase, been in DYI at St. Augustine Marine Center since for 1.5 yr. Have had this USCG registered vessel checked thoroughly by structural engineer & a well known classic catamaran restorer/captain/racer. Verdict? Double thumbs up & "The guy knew what he was doing! Extremely well built - I wouldn't hesitate to take this boat into blue water for a second. And she is going to be a lot faster than you think, even loaded!!"

Fiberglass hull double hand laid interior/ exterior over Gr. A marine plywood. All materials were tested load by load, as was built for rest of life living. In cat DYI, splash paid. Bottom professionally hand scraped & sanded, minor glass repairs, and better grade Cu ablative 2 coats over primer. 50' aluminum mast in great condition. Two brand new-in-box Yamaha T25LA remote drive LS OB w/factory custom wiring harness. 2 marine heads (both working per builder), 2 good AmpAir wind generators, solar panel, Lewmar helm gear for autopilot, RayMarine Autohelm Type 2 chain drive autopilot and Autohelm Type 300 chart plotter with fluxgate & rudder sensor (used, needs control head), two 60# plow anchors, other misc..

Thanks for your interest, and please contact me via the CF messages. Lots more picts and info available.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cat - front 1.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	409.9 KB
ID:	147724   Click image for larger version

Name:	FS - Cat motor label.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	409.4 KB
ID:	147725  

Name:	Cat boom and FrD.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	402.7 KB
ID:	147726   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cat dining area port.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	398.7 KB
ID:	147727  

Name:	Cat King Berth 1 upstr.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	391.5 KB
ID:	147728   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cat Helm area.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	406.2 KB
ID:	147729  

Old 16-05-2017, 00:19   #2

Re: 49.7' 2007 Custom Catamaran Hughes/Wharram based - Project - $37,499 Must Sell

What are the specs for the sail plan?
Old 16-05-2017, 08:13   #3

Boat: Custom Roberts 65' Ketch (Sold it)
Re: 49.7' 2007 Custom Catamaran Hughes/Wharram based - Project - $37,499 Must Sell

I am interested in this cat and would like to have it to finish her out and live aboard. Please send me contact info as I have a lot of questions.
Thanks Rocky
Old 16-05-2017, 09:52   #4

Hi Mattyc:
There was no sail plan done at the time the boat was turned over. I had discussed one with the person who walked her and once more buildout was done and rear roof was altered we were going to plan one out and do the math. The only sail ever on her was a genoa that I know of. Mast is 50'. Would not recommend a spinnaker unless the boat was on full load or it was a very experienced sailor as she would flat fly.

Thanks for the inquiry.
Old 16-05-2017, 09:53   #5

Rockyscience - please send private message with contact information so I can send you web information, PowerPoint, all written out info on vessel. Thanks.
Old 17-05-2017, 11:14   #6

I am also interested, please send contact info
Closed Thread

Tags
catamaran, Hughes, project, wharram