Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2016, 09:55   #1

Boat: Jeanneau 45.1
Crew wanted - Panama to Marquesas - Feb/Mar 2017

Looking for one crew member or couple to join Aussie couple for our Pacific crossing next year.

Dates and route yet to be confirmed but considering stops at Isla Cocos and the Galapagos.

We're a young'ish couple in our late thirties on way home to Aus. We started a year and half ago in Greece and have sailed over 10'000 miles since we started.

Our boat is a Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45, kitted out for blue water cruising (watermaker, generator, etc.) more info and pictures here >>> Photos of BlueBelle - Simon & Cate's World

Looking for someone with a bit of experience, mainly no seasickness (4 weeks at sea is a long time if you're crook the whole way...)

Just looking for expressions of interest at the moment.

Cheers,

Simon

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
simonthepom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2016, 18:35   #2

Boat: Fisher 30 motor sailor
Re: Crew wanted - Panama to Marquesas - Feb/Mar 2017

Hello Simon , I am interested in the journey. I am a 49 yr old male with some sailing experience . I don't consider my self a good sailor however I have been involved in sailboats for the last 25 yrs on and off. I have a basic sailing cert and coastal nav cert. I have offshore trips up the Washington coast, a leg south across the gulf of alaska on my own boat. in 2013 a solo trip north through Canada to Juneau Alaska. I am pretty familiar with sailing boats , I have a love of the ocean, natural and a zest for life . Hope to hear from you , best wishes .
ARCTIC DRIFTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2016, 14:16   #3
JMR

Interested. PM Sent. Thanks.
JMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2016, 15:51   #4

Boat: Amel Maramu 46

Hello Simon,
My partner Lisa and I are looking for an opportunity to crew on a Pacific crossing next year. I'm a retired physically active Aussie living in Coffs Harbour who sold my Jeanneau DS43 last year. I've logged around 8,000nm in recent years up and down the Australian east coast including a passage between the Cook Islands and Fiji via Tonga several years ago. I'm keen to add to that experience and also revisit Tonga which I found to be one of the most fabulous cruising grounds I've ever experience.
Lisa on the other hand is my Canadian partner who has had less blue water sailing experience but has her own boat that she races out of the RYC in Ottawa.
We have several deliveries planned in Australia later this year and will be back in Canada early April 2017 when we intended to travel to Colon to make a Panama transit and hopefully pick up a gig to take us through to Aus.
I would like to think that we are gregarious and capable sailors who take safety and responsibility very seriously.
If you think we fit your requirements I'd be pleased to speak with you further about your plans. We are currently in Canada for the next month and can be reached via email at dennis@denniscampobell.com.au or in Canada 1 613 866 0366. My number in Aus is 0412 445 444.
PS Lisa asked me to mention that I am pretty adept in the galley just in case having a capable cook on board is something that you might find attractive.
Cheers - Dennis
Old 22-09-2016, 15:52   #5

Boat: Hunter Passage 42

Hi Simon,
I'm interested. Check out "About Me" page for a 'not-up-to-date' sailing resume. Have sailed and singlehanded much more since posting that page. Can provide references from owners and my boat partner.

Looks like your trip so far has been an awesome adventure.

Best to you both and Cash,
Old 22-09-2016, 16:13   #6

Boat: Island Packet 320
Send a message via Skype™ to Thomea

Oh wow this sounds incredible
Old 25-09-2016, 08:56   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonthepom View Post
Looking for one crew member or couple to join Aussie couple for our Pacific crossing next year.

Dates and route yet to be confirmed but considering stops at Isla Cocos and the Galapagos.

We're a young'ish couple in our late thirties on way home to Aus. We started a year and half ago in Greece and have sailed over 10'000 miles since we started.

Our boat is a Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45, kitted out for blue water cruising (watermaker, generator, etc.) more info and pictures here >>> Photos of BlueBelle - Simon & Cate's World

Looking for someone with a bit of experience, mainly no seasickness (4 weeks at sea is a long time if you're crook the whole way...)

Just looking for expressions of interest at the moment.

Cheers,

Simon

I am a current owner of a 47' sailboat and have experience:
Atlantic crossing W-E this year
Chicago to Caribbean
Multiple sails/races to Bermuda
50 tons USCG Masters license
Sailing resume available
dpeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2016, 20:20   #8

Boat: Lagoon 440

Hi Dennis, I am planning a Pacific crossing on my Lagoon 440, leaving west coast Florida in March 2017 and need crew so am interested in your participation. FYI your email address has a "failed permanently" notification but I will try to call your Canada phone # or you can reply to me at paulferris21@gmail.com
Cheers
Paul
DHHong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 02:19   #9

Hi Simon
My wife and I (similar age to yourselves) are currently travelling the Americas and very keen to sail back to Australia from Panama early 2017 and experience the islands of the Pacific. Compared to some of the people interested above we have limited experience (I've done a bit of sailing in Sydney and PNG on 30-40 foot boats) but we are enthusiastic and capable, and very keen to learn more. We are very open regarding itinerary/timing. Please feel to contact me if you would like to discuss further. Cheers for now, Jonathan
jonathansssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 02:36   #10

Hello, my name is Angelo. I am italian, medical doctor, 59 years old.
I crossed 3 times the Atlantic ocean in the last 3 years. I do not smoke, I do not drink alcool. I am retired and so I have all the time that you need. I can join you where you are. I am very interested about your sail, please contact me: adugo@yahoo.it.
Thanks
angelo1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 05:23   #11

Send a message via AIM to Eric1991 Send a message via MSN to Eric1991 Send a message via Skype™ to Eric1991

Hello to both,

My name is Eric, from Canada. I am presently going around the world myself, hitchhiking that is. I would be very interested into helping you guys to cross the Pacific. I may not have much experience, but I have sailed twice between Panama and Colombia. Within the few days at sea, I made great progress on learning how to sail. As for sea sickness, this wasn't a problem at all.

The best way to contact me is through my email: eric060991@hotmail.com
Eric1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 10:08   #12

Boat: Jeanneau 45.1

Thanks for the interest guys but we've secured our crew member for our Pacific crossing.

simonthepom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2017, 11:36   #13

Are you still looking for crew
I am a 25 year old female in Panama right now looking for a boat bound for Australia. I have four years professional sailing experience.
I have whatsapp plus 1 two four eight 249 three four 15
and my email is mlelynn at aol dot com
I can help transit the canal from Colon as well.
Let me know if you need crew, thanks!
schoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 08:33   #14

Boat: Lagoon 440

Hi Schoon, I have emailed you.
Cheers
Paul
DHHong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, crew wanted, marquesas, Panama, wanted