Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2016, 17:27   #1

Boat: Bavaria 46 Cruiser
Spain - Canarys-Cape Verde..Atlantic Crossing..Caribbean

I plan to leave Spain (near Gibraltar) on about the 18th October and arrive in the Caribbean mid December. We will go via the Canaries and Cape Verde. Possibly a couple of weeks in the Canarys and the same in Cape Verde. Weather permitting of course. My Bavaria 46 I has 4 cabins so 4 or more is possible and has worked well in the past. I am easy going but a stickler for proper procedure and safety, which is the priority. Part or all of the trip considered. Small contribution and share expenses, except fuel. Share all cooking, watches and duties as we are all crew and not passengers. We eat fresh food and really well when possible. Non Smoking please. Drink as much as you like at port but nothing while underway. Love to hear from you. Geoff.
Old 10-09-2016, 03:02   #2

Boat: Fiber glass, sloop, Neptun 22, Germany
Re: Spain - Canarys-Cape Verde..Atlantic Crossing..Caribbean

Hi Geoff,

would you consider boarding someone only for the Atlantic crossing, from Cape Verde to the caribbean?
Myself: rya dayskipper , non smoker, good cook, italian in my mid 40's, fit and reliable,
Old 10-09-2016, 15:01   #3

Boat: Bavaria 46 Cruiser

Hi Chatwin 70,
Absolutely, the Atlantic crossing only would be ok. Send me a private message with more details and we can both go from there. Geoff
Old 10-09-2016, 20:03   #4

Boat: Pearson 367

PM sent.
Old 11-09-2016, 10:27   #5

Boat: Puma 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlust141 View Post
I plan to leave Spain (near Gibraltar) on about the 18th October and arrive in the Caribbean mid December. We will go via the Canaries and Cape Verde. Possibly a couple of weeks in the Canarys and the same in Cape Verde. Weather permitting of course. My Bavaria 46 I has 4 cabins so 4 or more is possible and has worked well in the past. I am easy going but a stickler for proper procedure and safety, which is the priority. Part or all of the trip considered. Small contribution and share expenses, except fuel. Share all cooking, watches and duties as we are all crew and not passengers. We eat fresh food and really well when possible. Non Smoking please. Drink as much as you like at port but nothing while underway. Love to hear from you. Geoff.
Good afternoon Captain, my name is Marco, im 41, im Italian and i live in Barcelona since 13 years. im looking for trip like this. My plan / dream is to reach the Caraibi and then crossing the pacific to try to make the trip around the world by sailing.
I have a bit of experience with sail boat, since 3 years i have a small beautiful sail boat , a Puma 24, that i restored by myself completly, with her i undestood the essencial of the sail, also i've been sailing with a Swan 65 ketch many times. I know that i have a looot to know and undertsand about the sea, that's why im looking for a trip with some experienced captain that can also teach me. Im also extremly handyman, clean and tidy, i learn a lot working on my boat and my friends said that im also a really good cook.
If you have some intrerests in my position, please contact me for a skype or phone contact for a talk .

Best regards

Marco
Old 11-09-2016, 18:16   #6

Boat: Fisher 30 motor sailor

Captain , are you still looking for crew? I'm 49 mechanically inclined , I've worked in the trades 30 yrs. I've been involved in sailing over the yrs . Basic certificates in sailing , coastal navigation . In 2013 singlehanded my boat from Oregon to Juneau Alaska. Scott
Old 11-09-2016, 20:11   #7

Boat: Fourwinns. 24

Hi I'm Steve 46years old health and love the water been a dream of mine IV been boating for a long time power boat only but trying to learn so please give me a chance if so Steve.girardin@yahoo. Com thanks steve

Tags
atlantic crossing, Cape Verde, Caribbean, rib, Spain