Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-12-2018, 21:36   #1

Boat: Designer 46ft Cat
yacht haul-out in Indonesia

Hi all.... some awesome news for all those in Indonesia and surrounding areas that need to be hauled out for one reason or another....

Medana Bay Marina has now got a professional haul-out facility... yes... its a real one... no ... not ran by rat bags!!!

Medana Bay is located in the North West of Lombock...

Coordinates 08°21.833’S 116°07.750’E.
Entry way-point almost due north at 08°20.432’S 116°07.685’E
VHF CHANNEL 17

Photos on

Facilities | Medana Bay Marina

Contact details

PT WISATA ALAM SAMUDERA
(MEDANA BAY MARINA)
Jln Raya Meninting No.27
Montong – Senggigi 83355
LOMBOK, INDONESIA
Tel + 62 811 3900 370
Fax + 62 370 633 564
info@medanabaymarina.com

Facebook:
www.facebook.com/medanabaymarina/

Lombok was wrecked by the last Earthquakes in July / August this year... my yacht went through it... but being in the water... she slept through the turmoil... MBM owner and family were nearing the completion of many long hard months of hard work forming a proper concrete ramp at the correct incline... purchased the 20 tonne lifting trailer and even had the Komatsu to pull the trailer and yacht... then within sight of the finish line... an Earthquake hit... destroying most of the ramp... but more importantly... the local village and lives around it.
Typical of Peter Cranfeild and family... and with help from the sailing community family. (what a family to belong too!!)... Peter got the haul-out facility back on track... and just last week pulled the first of many yachts clear of the water... in a very professional manner too I may add.

MBM has accommodation, whilst your pride and joy is out of the water... the Sail Fish cafe has awesome meals... beer is cold....and a horrible place to have to be forced to sit and watch the sun go down (hardly!!) after a long days work on your love!!

I had a little bit to do with the works prior the earthquake... Peter has not spared anything to get the haul-out facility 100% correct... like all new things... there is still work to be done ... and as yacht owners would understand... always improvements to be made... but Indonesia, Lombok... and MBM now have a fantastic haul-out facility to be extremely proud of...

Congratulations to all.... I know Peters right hand man Badawang has put a amazing amount of work into making sure the facility is a success as well..

Yes.. I am proud of the achievement... no.. I do not have any involvement in MBM except to say I have been leaving my Pride and Joy at the marina for nearly 3 years now...

So... MBM is now open for haul-outs to 20 tonnes... mono's and cats alike... enjoy the aircon rooms, cold beers and good home cooked food whilst you have your yacht taken out of the water...
KD on Tropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2018, 22:22   #2

Boat: Catalina 470
Re: yacht haul-out in Indonesia

Definitely needed, we'll done.

I met Peter and family briefly some years back, nice people.
daletournier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Indonesia, yacht