Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-10-2015, 14:00   #1

California to Central America

Hello!

I'm looking to jump aboard a boat somewhere in california hopefully after nov. 15 and ideally arriving in northern nicaragua around the new year.

I'm a 28 year old male from California, I've taken 4 weekends of keelboat and advanced sailing classes, plus been on some day sails with friends. I've lived in Mexico, Israel/Palestine and China for studying and teaching. I speak spanish well and am pretty good with mandarin chinese. I have tons of good references and would love to help crew your boat.

One of my best friends has land in nicaragua and wants to build a small house on it during the month of january. If all goes well, I'll be a surf instructor at a nearby yoga/surf retreat center and care take his place for a few months.

I'm planning to fly, but would quit my job for the adventure of sailing down! If there are other competent crew people, I may be interested in splitting the purchase of a boat and sailing it down!

DM / PM / Email me!

-Taylor
Old 28-10-2015, 10:23   #2

Re: California to Central America

Taylor, we are going from Anacortes, WA to Salinas, Ecuador hopefully mid-nov. Interested in helping crew? We would be passing Nicaragua on the way, but maybe the other two crew could take the boat the rest of the way from there?
Old 28-10-2015, 12:39   #3

Re: California to Central America

Yes! Very interested! Can you email me at taylorstorey23 (at) gmail (dot) com?

Tags
cal, california, Central America