Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-12-2016, 00:16   #1

Boat: Hallberg Rassy 382
Any good recommendations for a cheap but good haul out facility in Sydney Harbour, Au

Hey guys,
I promise I did search for content so sorry if it's been asked before but do you have any recommendations around the harbour itself? Much appreciated in advance!
greybeardloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2016, 01:28   #2

Location: vessel sold at LAKES ENTRANCE to a local. Currently nursing my 93 Y/o mother in Sydney. Next boat probably will be bought in the U.S.
Boat: triton 721 24' x 9' 1985 Cutter rigged.
Re: Any good recommendations for a cheap but good haul out facility in Sydney Harbour

Sydney, no. Sorry.
But close to Broken Bay is Gonsalves at Palm Beach. Also close to Broken Bay is Booker Bay. Two slipways at Booker Bay. Also is Hardies Bay. All good and way cheaper than Sydney.
If there was what you're looking for I'd have found it, probably.
Don't know if your Nicholson can get under Hawkesbury River bridge ( 11.8m mhws). If so then where is excellent is Fenwicks behind the western end of Long Island. Fenwicks have a travel lift and an immaculate hardstand. Fenwicks is where I go.
Good luck champ.
brianlara 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2016, 01:59   #3

Re: Any good recommendations for a cheap but good haul out facility in Sydney Harbour

Balmain slipway is reasonable and allows DIY over the weekends too. Cheapest all round though is Oyster Cove up in Port Stephens, well worth the trip if you need slightly longer out on the hard. Keep smiling.
racesmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2016, 18:02   #4

Much appreciated guys! That's awesome advice. [emoji1303][emoji1303]
Old 31-12-2016, 13:00   #5

Boat: Swanson 36 in Australia Bavaria 42 in Med

Hi Greybeardloon this is off topic a bit apologies to all. Is your Nicholson 32 a Rudder Yachts made one?
I once owned the Nicholson 32 that was imported to Australia along with moulds. That would have been mid sixties. She was launched as Poseidon, named Rozinante when I bought her in 1975. I sold her early eighties in Cairns. She came to Hobart and called FarCall (ouch) and I last saw her in Eden nearly 10 years ago with yet another name.
patprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2016, 18:39   #6

Boat: Swanson 38'

Hi, as Yacht Broker in the Sydney area for some years, I have found the most professional and reliable to be Cammeray Marina. Contact owner, Kelvin Rabbits if you can for best results.
Hope this helps, cheers.
Bonito38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2016, 18:46   #7

Boat: e.a jack (builder), g.l watson (designer), 6.2 mtr wll sailboat

rushcutters bay has a boat lift / we called in heading north and tied up adjacent their boat lift as it was after hours and provisioned from Coles /being a while ago RANSA was still next door and some old salts invited us in for an ale and to hear our cruising story / a couple of stern faced well dressed chaps suggested we move from the boat lift or we might find the boat in slings with a large cash for splash bill / we bluffed easily and vacated to public mooring on the opposite side of the bay to rushcutters / there are many facilities round in Pittwater and Gosford / use the phone book you may find one vacant and negotiate a price / if you have time that whole place is worth 2 months of cruising time even with putting up with wakes from cashed up and clueless stink boats
knockabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2016, 19:29   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katafigio View Post
Hi, as Yacht Broker in the Sydney area for some years, I have found the most professional and reliable to be Cammeray Marina. Contact owner, Kelvin Rabbits if you can for best results.

Hope this helps, cheers.

Thankyou! Appreciate it
Old 01-01-2017, 02:10   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprice View Post
Hi Greybeardloon this is off topic a bit apologies to all. Is your Nicholson 32 a Rudder Yachts made one?
I once owned the Nicholson 32 that was imported to Australia along with moulds. That would have been mid sixties. She was launched as Poseidon, named Rozinante when I bought her in 1975. I sold her early eighties in Cairns. She came to Hobart and called FarCall (ouch) and I last saw her in Eden nearly 10 years ago with yet another name.

Hi Pat, no sorry it's not. Great to hear you had such a good experience of the build. We like her [emoji1303]
Old 01-01-2017, 03:27   #10

Boat: Beneteau 323

Second Balmain Marine Centre (slipway) operated by Jeremy 95557049. You will need to be back in the water on schedule because another boat is usually scheduled to go in.
svseachange is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheap, haul out, men, sydney