Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2016, 13:51   #1

Boat: Lagoon 2008 420
Leaving a boat in Grenada

i am heading for Grenada in my Lagoon 420 to spend hurricane season and the winter but i want to leave the boat for from one to 3 mos at a time. Can someone recommend a good place to leave it?
1tviere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 14:04   #2

Boat: Grand Banks 49
Re: Leaving a boat in Grenada

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tviere View Post
i am heading for Grenada in my Lagoon 420 to spend hurricane season and the winter but i want to leave the boat for from one to 3 mos at a time. Can someone recommend a good place to leave it?
===

We stayed at Le Phare Bleu marina when we were in Grenada and found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. They could probably recommend someone reliable to look after your boat.

About Le Phare Bleu | Le Phare Bleu
wayne.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 15:18   #3

Boat: Cape Dory 28
Re: Leaving a boat in Grenada

Unless you want to play the odds, the only safe place to leave a catamaran unattended in Grenada is probably “on the hard”. You can leave a mono on a mooring and have a contract to have it lifted onto the hard IF a hurricane threatens Grenada but there are only a couple of yards that can lift a cat and they are usually full. As of today, I believe the only yard with cat space would be Grenada Marine. We are being lifted at Clarke’s Court this week and they stopped taking additional cat reservations a month ago.

There are still some moorings and the like available, however be warned that there have been a rash of burglaries on unattended anchored / moored vessels lately.
edmundsteele is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Grenada