Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2018, 21:03   #1

Atkin Archer Dragon

Hi all :-)

I am looking at boat designs and am wondering if there is anyone that has had a sail or even seen a Atkin Archer Dragon. They are a variant of the Eric which is an ancestor to the Westwind 32. The sail plan for the Dragon has substantially more sail area than both with a cutter rig so caught my eye and I was wondering what the performance was like with this setup and management for the crew.

Westsail 32 = 629 sq ft (Cutter rig)
Eric = 726 sq ft (ketch rig)
Dragon = 821 sq ft (cutter rig)

I know this is heavy displacement so I don't expect miracles in performance, just want to compare apples with apples. Looking for a boat with good living space, a comfortable ride and within budget for purchase and maintenance. I really do like the look of the Dragon but it is a lot of money and time so I can't fall in love just yet.
bitdougie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arc