Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2016, 09:04   #1
Marine Service Provider

Experienced Sailing Mate ASAP for Sailboat Delivery - St. Martin to Baltimore

Experienced Sailing Mate Needed ASAP - Paid Position

We need an experienced sailing mate to assist in the delivery of a Lagoon 42 catamaran from St. Martin to Baltimore.

Must be able to competently stand a night watch and be comfortable at sea.

Vessel is planning to depart St. Martin on or around June 20th with a intended arrival in Baltimore NLT June 8th.

This is an owner-assisted delivery. Captain is a highly experienced captain of yachts and tallships up to 200-ft. Safety is the highest priority.

Our intended route will NOT be open ocean, direct. We will be taking the "island hopping" route - PR, DR, Bahamas, Florida, etc. and then north up the coast.

If qualified and interested, contact captain ASAP.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:36   #2

Re: Experienced Sailing Mate ASAP for Sailboat Delivery - St. Martin to Baltimore

I am interested in the delivery crew position. St thomas to Baltimore. please send any additional infor or call 805-674-1830
Thank you
Mike
Old 07-06-2016, 13:41   #3

Boat: 19' Lightning
Re: Experienced Sailing Mate ASAP for Sailboat Delivery - St. Martin to Baltimore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captwilliam View Post
Experienced Sailing Mate Needed ASAP - Paid Position

We need an experienced sailing mate to assist in the delivery of a Lagoon 42 catamaran from St. Martin to Baltimore.

Must be able to competently stand a night watch and be comfortable at sea.

Vessel is planning to depart St. Martin on or around June 20th with a intended arrival in Baltimore NLT June 8th.

This is an owner-assisted delivery. Captain is a highly experienced captain of yachts and tallships up to 200-ft. Safety is the highest priority.

Our intended route will NOT be open ocean, direct. We will be taking the "island hopping" route - PR, DR, Bahamas, Florida, etc. and then north up the coast.

If qualified and interested, contact captain ASAP.

Woa! I know Lagoons are fast, but I guess you'll be traveling at warp speed if you intend to leave June 20th from St Martin and arrive in Bal'more on June 8th. I guess you meant July 8th. Got it.
Old 07-06-2016, 15:11   #4

Greetings Capt.
Private message sent.
Old 08-06-2016, 08:14   #5

Boat: Grampian 26 SOLD! & (pending sea trial) Catalina 42 MkII

PM sent. Look forward to hearing from you.
Old 08-06-2016, 08:39   #6

Boat: Bowman 47
Send a message via Skype™ to deandre

Hi Cap'n,
I am available.....
Not much to say about me, I am a skipper, sailed from Australia to Miami during the last years on my 47 footer, been through storms and calm seas, did some regattas, even won......now bored and want to do some sailin. I am a chef by trade and handyman. At the moment I do a full refit of my yacht at the Miami Yacht Club.
Cheers mate
Andre
Cap'n Fearless
SV Moonflower
Australia
+17867750411
Old 08-06-2016, 10:41   #7

What are you paying?

Paul Squire
Old 13-06-2016, 08:19   #8

Hello Captain,
I am contacting in regards to your crew position.
Me: USCG capt, worked for Harken, Gunboats, sail extensively with Randy West, Ppalu, project ppalu.com, 40,000+ offshore miles,
special projects include Amoco Procyon, Van Ki Pass [won 2006 bermuda race, watch capt 12-4a} Google more info on these.
Been in the Bahamas 24 days this year, last year 2 trips on Ppalu, 60+ days.

Please send me the details of the cruise, I have the time to spend touring north now.
Would be very interested in talking to you further in regards to this trip or future needs
502 409 3838
Look forward to hearing from you. Thank You
Terry Schank
tschankphoto@aol.com
502 409 3838
2344 Alameda Ave
Sarasota, Fl. 34234
Old 13-06-2016, 13:00   #9
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Pacific Seacraft 31

Hi Cap,

I do many deliveries throughout the year and am available now. Have extensive knowledge of your route and hundreds of thousands of miles offshore and island hopping. Fun and easygoing. Feel free to E-mail me at captmarlena@yahoo.com.

Capt. Marlena
Island Sailing Yacht Deliveries
Old 14-06-2016, 16:16   #10
Marine Service Provider

Thanks to all who responded but this position has been filled.

Tags
asa, baltimore, delivery, enc, sail, sailboat, sailing, St Martin