Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-11-2016, 14:17   #1

7' Dyer Sailing Dinghy $650

Great fiberglass Dyer dinghy with complete sailing kit. Good condition. Perfect for kids learning to sail and/or as a cruising yacht's tender.
Rows and sails well. Looks nice with varnished thwart and trim, bronze hardware, and good white bumper. Sailing kit almost unused.

Port Angeles, WA, USA. $650 or best offer.

Included: Varnished oars with leathers (Shaw & Tenney oars), bronze oarlocks, sail, mast, boom, sprit, centerboard, beautiful varnished rudder and tiller.

This dinghy has been great for us as a cruising tender, though we have not used the sailing rig much at all. The dinghy is very durable and can carry more than you think - we've even had 4 people in her. We're selling now after 4 happy years with her because we've bought something bigger for scuba diving.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rowing2.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	438.7 KB
ID:	136703   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sailing rig.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	373.3 KB
ID:	136704  

Name:	Four in the dinghy.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	458.5 KB
ID:	136705   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dinghy.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	359.4 KB
ID:	136706  

Name:	Dinghy on deck2.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	427.5 KB
ID:	136707   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dinghy on deck.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	395.6 KB
ID:	136708  

Old 23-11-2016, 15:40   #2

Re: 7' Dyer Sailing Dinghy $650

Bump for a excellent tender at a great price. I would purchase if it were closer. BTW, & off subject: My compliments on a very nice looking boat. Is she a F. Kinney Pipe Dream? If so, is it one of G. Patton's? I have admired that design & series.
Old 23-11-2016, 15:50   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by svceleste View Post
Great fiberglass Dyer dinghy with complete sailing kit. Good condition. Perfect for kids learning to sail and/or as a cruising yacht's tender.
Rows and sails well. Looks nice with varnished thwart and trim, bronze hardware, and good white bumper. Sailing kit almost unused.

Port Angeles, WA, USA. $650 or best offer.

Included: Varnished oars with leathers (Shaw & Tenney oars), bronze oarlocks, sail, mast, boom, sprit, centerboard, beautiful varnished rudder and tiller.

This dinghy has been great for us as a cruising tender, though we have not used the sailing rig much at all. The dinghy is very durable and can carry more than you think - we've even had 4 people in her. We're selling now after 4 happy years with her because we've bought something bigger for scuba diving.
How much does it weigh without sail rig on?
Old 23-11-2016, 15:54   #4

Boat: Valiant 40

I have fantastic childhood memories of sailing in a Dyer Dhow. We had one as a tender for our Cheoy Lee Bermuda 30, and the first thing my father would do when we dropped anchor was to rig it for us kids to take out. We'd sail all over the place in it, exploring every nook and cranny. It's a testament to their design that they have not changed a bit in 50 years. It's a testament to their quality that most of those original ones are still out sailing.

I've often thought of getting one, but can't carry it and a RIB. If I had younger kids I'd get one in a heartbeat.
Old 23-11-2016, 16:43   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle stinkybob View Post
How much does it weigh without sail rig on?
I think a little under 100 pounds. She's easy for two people to carry up a beach quite a ways without putting her down. We use halyards to haul her up on deck. We've put her on a roof rack no problem as well.
Old 23-11-2016, 16:52   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suijin View Post
I have fantastic childhood memories of sailing in a Dyer Dhow. We had one as a tender for our Cheoy Lee Bermuda 30, and the first thing my father would do when we dropped anchor was to rig it for us kids to take out. We'd sail all over the place in it, exploring every nook and cranny. It's a testament to their design that they have not changed a bit in 50 years. It's a testament to their quality that most of those original ones are still out sailing.

I've often thought of getting one, but can't carry it and a RIB. If I had younger kids I'd get one in a heartbeat.
She's certainly a great tender and would be wonderful for kids! We really like her and are a little bit loathe to part from her, but she really isn't big enough for taking on 2-tank dives... Just a wee bit too much stuff and weight to feel comfortable.
Old 24-11-2016, 08:23   #7

Boat: Island Packet 32

Would it be practical to ship with a moving company coming to Dallas?
Old 24-11-2016, 09:38   #8

Boat: Rawson 30PH

I would like it, please (dep on seeing). I'm in Seattle, and prob can't get to Port Townsend before sometime before Christmas. Alternately could meet in Anacortes sooner if it works for you

Pls PM
Old 24-11-2016, 10:22   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpstevens View Post
Would it be practical to ship with a moving company coming to Dallas?
Unfortunately I don't think so, at the moment anyway. We've had some interest from more local buyers, which would be easier for us logistically. We'll let you know, though, if that falls through.

Tags
dinghy, sail, sailing