Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-02-2015, 21:37   #1

Ocenia, deckhand or any help, available now onwards

Hello.

I posted in the Meets and Greets that I was recommended to join this community for offering myself as a crew member.

My location and destination

I am currently in New Zealand but happy to travel to nearby countries (Aus, Pacific Islands) to be part of a crew. Any destination considered.

About me

I'm 26, male from England and have been traveling the World for a year, from a road trip through central and northern Europe, then Canada and USA. I am now in New Zealand.

I love new experiences and thrive in trying new things. I recently started to fish in New Zealand which is quickly becoming my main hobby. Kayaking, hiking and cars (or anything mechanical/techy!).

I have no time constraints.

Work Experience

I have worked as a mechanic in UK and NZ, interested in cars and done restoration and stripped/rebuilt them. So technically minded.

Also had a huge IT background, running my own business for several years.

While traveling I've worked on several Vineyards in N.America and New Zealand, which was a fun, new experience. :

Can provide references from several previous employers.

Why I want to do this

It is really for the learning experience, I'm only young, I would dream to sail myself one day but honestly wouldn't know where to start. I feel while I have the time, this would be a perfect opportunity and I'm more than sure it would be fun too!

I love water and my favorite places I've been have always been situated near a lake or coast.

I hope that's enough info, feel free to ask me any questions and I really look forward to hearing from you!

Nick.

Tags
deck, deckhand