Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-12-2016, 13:59   #1

Boat: Boro Temptress 34 feet
AUSTRALIAN Eastcoast NSW to Qld

Hi,
I am sailing the easetcoast late Dec to Jan...
Cruising, Fun and adventure..
Wanted, Pleasant Sailingmate..Female/male..
Only expenses, help with food...drinks...
Help on boat now and again...
I am single..no stress..no dramas...
Good sense of humour a real pluss...
Peter G
Pedropete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2016, 04:14   #2

Re: AUSTRALIAN Eastcoast NSW to Qld

hey Peter

I am a very experienced sailor (have owned my own 30ft racer/cruiser since 1986, sailed 5000 plus miles, both racing and cruising, and did some trips like San Diego to Cabo and in the Marshall Islands.

Today I am in Gold Coast (dec 19), tommorrow in Brisbane for a few days, working my way up to Cairns in a rented car (before I head off into the outback etc. sometime early January. but I have been hunting for months for someone looking for a some pickup crew for a bit of sailing.. potentially around Mackay and the whitsundays, and hopefully as a way to get out to GBR in a non-tourist way for some diving and snorkling (I have been diving since 1976).

I am a male, 57, retired civil servant, who is now traveling the world, taking photographs, and telling stories on my blog, thewanderinghoneybadger.com

I can sail, do maintenance, cook, navigate, scuba dive, snorkel, and I have a good sense of humour - no drama - very polite (I am Canadian eh)..

Anyways, perhaps there is someplace on your route north we could meet up and explore for 4 or 5 days before I continue on my road trip and you continue on your track..

Let me know if there is any interest.. my email is brantbady@gmail.com and my Aussie mobile # is 0410531386

Best Regards,

Brant
bcislandguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2016, 13:45   #3

Re: AUSTRALIAN Eastcoast NSW to Qld

Hi Pete,

I'm keen to join you but I'm not too sure if this will work out. When exactly will you start your journey? You mentioned late Dec but if you push it to mid-Jan I might be able to make it. I'm from S'pore and have done some sailing in Thailand and California though I'm not too experience in sailing but would love to get into the water soon. Let me know if you think I can be of any help in your trip from NSW to QLD.

Philip
psiow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Australia