Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-06-2017, 04:28   #1

Newbie in Florida

Hello all. I recently bought 1977 Spirit 23 and I was wondering if there are any boat ramps that I would be able to launch in without syncing my Jeep. Or should I go to a marina to have them launch it? I am also wondering if there are any Moorings or cheap slips that are in the Port Richey area. Can't wait to hear from you thank you
jcspirit23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2017, 04:50   #2

Boat: Currently in between
Re: Newbie in Florida

Hey JC, the county just rebuilt the ramp at Hudson Beach. It seems to have the perfect slope, steep enough to get the boat in the water and yet not so steep you will burn your tires spinning up the incline. You ought to drive by and look at it before you bring the boat up.

Not familiar with the Spirit 23 so I looked it up. Skinny water in this area so stay in the channel until good distance offshore. Channel here is pretty much 4 & 5 feet at low tide but that full moon low low tide can get to 3, plan carefully!

If you have bottom paint and want to leave her in the water I have a floating dock that is presently empty. I might be coerced into a cheaper rate if you threw in a couple of rides when you would otherwise be going solo! I am in the first canal off the Gulf of Mexico right next to Skeleton Key Marina. Send me a PM if interested.
Old 22-06-2017, 04:52   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, jcspirit.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2017, 04:55   #4

Lots of ramps are available where you can launch a boat like that. Here is a link to a site that lists public boat ramps:
https://publictesttemp.myfwc.com/LE/...c/default.aspx

There are also lots of marinas and places to dock a boat in the area. Activecaptain.com is a good place to look for information about marinas. You can also check craigslist, as some waterfront homeowners have docks, but no boat, and so they rent out their dock.

Welcome to Florida, and welcome to Cruisers Forum.
denverd0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2017, 07:43   #5

Thanks for all the info
jcspirit23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida