Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2019, 14:38   #1

Info on ports along east coast

I was planning to sail from Beaufort, NC to Cape Fear, to Charleston, to Cumberland National Park, to St. Augustine to Ft. Lauderdale starting October 21. With Hurricane Dorian's damage I'm looking for continuing updates on the condition of the ports and condition ashore in these places.

I was able to get enough info online to be confident that from St. Simons Island south, including Cumberland and St. Augustine, the damage was not too extensive. There was some flooding in St. Augustine and Bridge of Lyons was closed but I don't think that there is long term issues.

But I'm concerned that Cape Fear and Charleston might be so bad that they are not worth stopping at.

Please report continuing conditions.

Thank you.
mlibkind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 15:10   #2

Re: Info on ports along east coast

It's sounding like it was the Outer Banks near Charleston that were flooded so badly and maybe not Charleston itself. Would like to get good info on this.
mlibkind is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
east coast, ports