Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-08-2017, 16:09   #1

Boat: Shannon HPS 38
Experience crew BVI>Costa Rica>Hawaii>Alaska>Seattle

Hi Cruiserforum,

Looking to trade rides on S/V Pytheas, a 2013 low hours Shannon HPS 38, for your offshore sailing experience as I slowly sail her from RI to her new homeport, Seattle over 2017/2018.

S/V Pytheas is well equipped shoaldraft motorsailor includes 200hp diesel, genset, ac/heat, two radar systems, vhf, simrad chartplottersx3, two outside helms, one interior helm, epirbx2, viking liferaft, iridium communications, Sirius, etc.

This is a volunteer opportunity. I cover boat-specific expenses including maintenance, repairs, fuel, insurance, slips, etc. I ask crew to share provisioning expense (food & drink). They are also responsible for covering their transportation cost to/fro departing and destination ports and medical converage. Near as I can tell my IMIS coverage is limited to fixing a crewmember's broken arm and not much more.

Me-My experience is with coastal sailing my S/V Bulldawg, Fisher 30 Northeaster, in my Salish Sea over the last 25 years learning from local salts. 2015 I crewed on friend's Gunboat 66 on an Atlantic crossing which hooked me on the possibilities of offshore sailing.

In potential crew I am looking for offshore sailing skills including reliable watch, helmsmanship and heavy weather sailing. Last but not least good relaxed nature & safety conscious is essential on not so big boat.

Opportunities...

Oct 5/6, 2017: Opportunity to get to know each other on little 250nm Carib1500 qualifying sail in/out of Norfolk, VA.
Dec 2017: BVI>Golfito, Costa Rico
Jan 2018: Golfito>Big Island, Hawaiil
June 2018: Big Island>Alaska
Sept 2018: Alaska>Seattle

Big more detailed trip plan for 2017/2018:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Trip reports so far>
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
torgriem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 06:57   #2

Re: Experience crew BVI>Costa Rico>Hawaii>Alaska>Seattle

Hi, don't believe I meet all of your qualifications but sure would like to give it a go. Sounds like a great trip. Fair Winds, Steve
P3sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 09:15   #3

Boat: Shannon HPS 38

Thanks for your interest Steve/P3sailor. I am a newbie at most all of this business including Cruisersforum. How do I best find out a bit about you and your qualifications?

Torsten
torgriem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 13:05   #4

Sir, probably the best way to find out more about me would be to contact me directly, by phone (920)685-2228 or email me at: ssloslobo@aol.com. I look forward to discussing this further with you.

Fair Winds,
Steve
P3sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 13:47   #5

Boat: Alajuela 38

I'm available for Seattle-AK.
Experienced. Based in Astoria, OR.

Google
SV Tatoosh: Forks in the Road

Tom
svtatoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 21:51   #6

Location: My boat is in the Sea of Cortez but I live in Duluth Minnesota when not living aboard
Boat: Ta Chiao . Fantasia 35 . MK II

Hi Torsten,
I'd be interested in helping crew December.. BVI to Golfito, Costa Rica and possibly on to Hawaii? I'll send you a private message.
John
Isle Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2017, 11:23   #7

Re: Experience crew BVI>Costa Rica>Hawaii>Alaska>Seattle

Hi Torsten,

I would love to talk to you about your plans, my wife and I would be interested and will be in Costa Rica about same time you will be leaving for Hawaii and would love to crew with you. Please contact me at jrlugenheim@ g mail .com and lets discuss the details.

John L
Delichio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alaska, BVI, crew, enc, hawaii, seattle