Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 09:07   #1

Crew Wanted: Los Angeles to Peru - January 2010

Crew sought LA,CA to Central America, Galapagos, Peru
Departing beginning of January 2010 for Mexico, Central America, Galapagos, and Peru. Boat is presently in LA,CA USA. I am looking for one experienced sailor to share some expenses aboard a Beneteau 44’. I hope to travel slowly down the coast.... perhaps reaching Peru by March/ 2010. I would need to meet with you before we departed. I would provide a free ticket back to the US.

Please contact me via email at frammandel@yahoo.com if you are interested. Thanks.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:23   #2

Boat: Irwin 37 Center Cockpit MKV
Only one crew member needed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by decko View Post
Crew sought LA,CA to Central America, Galapagos, Peru
Departing beginning of January 2010 for Mexico, Central America, Galapagos, and Peru. Boat is presently in LA,CA USA. I am looking for one experienced sailor to share some expenses aboard a Beneteau 44’. I hope to travel slowly down the coast.... perhaps reaching Peru by March/ 2010. I would need to meet with you before we departed. I would provide a free ticket back to the US.

Please contact me via email at frammandel@yahoo.com if you are interested. Thanks.
Seems like not enough crew if you are onlylooking for one additional crew member. It will make for long watches and fatgue after a day or two at sea. Don't you have at least one other crew member for such a long voyage?

I wish I could go with you but I can't get that much time off work and have my own boat to sail south some day.

Rick
Old 04-11-2009, 09:25   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: O'day 30 "Waverider III"
Send a message via Skype™ to waverider
Hi Decko,

Although I am not interested I am sure you will find someone very quickly, you might want to list the expensises you expect to share with your potential crew member. I know the first thing that came to my mind was a dollar amount that you might be thinking about.

I am sure you have done your cruising budget up and must have a since of what the potential crew member would be looking to have to spend.

Good Luck and Safe Cruising,

Todd
Old 09-11-2009, 19:17   #4

Send a message via MSN to zygfr3d Send a message via Skype™ to zygfr3d
Hey, I am dreaming about sailing on Central or South America waters. I have quite nice experience (STCW95, First Aid, GMDSS/SRC and ISSA lev 1 certificates). I have one year for travelling now and I picked up South America. Currently I am in Mexico and step by step I´m travelling in south direction, probably to reach Cape Horn in few months. I´d like to sail some of this way. In aprill I will probably on my way back on north. In january I will probably somewhere in Central America and your offer seems great to me. I´d like t ask if it still up to date. I can send you my sailing CV. I have no plans, just the idea so everything that I will spot on my way will be great, so I decided to ask you. Please write something here or send me a PM if you are interested.

sailho!
Old 18-11-2009, 07:03   #5

Good Morning. I read your ad with interest this morning and would like to know more. I have my CYA qualification and am looking for an interesting sail in January. I'm 58, retired and easy going. I also play guitar and cook. If you are still looking for crew, please get back to me with details. Thanks.
Fair Winds.
Wallace Bradley

Tags
Peru