Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats)
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-09-2016, 10:22   #1

Responsible couple looking to charter a boat in the Leeward Islands for 2-3 months

Hi,
My girlfriend and I are planning a 2-3 month trip around the Caribbean starting at the end of December. We originally considered buying a boat and then reselling it at the end of the trip, but this seems pretty involved and perhaps a little irresponsible. However, if we were to charter a boat from one of the various charter companies it would be around $40k!, which is somewhat above our budget.

I wanted to reach out to this forum to see is anyone would be willing to charter their own boat for 3 months. We’re definitely not looking for the newest boat. The sort of boats we were looking at buying were 1980s Beneteaus or Jeanneau. We just need something that comfortable, well maintained and will get us round.

We’re both very responsible people, taking a career break from working at Amazon, and would really look after whatever boat we charter.

If anyone would be interested in doing this, please PM me.

Thanks
Glenn
glannie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charter, leeward islands