Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-08-2008, 09:30   #46
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FastCat 445 Green Motion
Send a message via Skype™ to fastcat435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
The kithen looks very nice. Lots of space on top the stove.

Lots of room in that cat.

Nice you even supply a magazine rack for long sits in the toilet
Thanks for the compliment Keegan , the magazine rack is very important

Have a great day

Gideon

p.s. here is the first side drawing of the new 60 ft FastCat
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 196-A-p04b Model (1).pdf (146.3 KB, 309 views)
fastcat435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2008, 12:32   #47

Fastcat435:

When was Andreas fastcat launched/completed. Looks very modern and nice. The speedpics looks little scary but very fun....Is the pics from Andreas boat? I should remove the stripes on the side...buts thats my..

I think you should build a 455, 525 and sail faster than the Gunboat. And that in a public race, or in a big sailmagazine. And that with witnesses so people belive the speed of fastcats.
freetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2008, 12:43   #48

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Did your wife put that board on that bunk or is that some sort of European thing?
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2008, 12:50   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
Did your wife put that board on that bunk or is that some sort of European thing?
Old 18-08-2008, 12:59   #50

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freetime View Post
Look at the first pic of the cabin.
I copied the Http but the manager said it was an invalid address.
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2008, 13:09   #51

Quote:
Look at the first pic of the cabin.
I copied the Http but the manager said it was an invalid address.
It´s my english....i found it at last...
Old 18-08-2008, 13:15   #52

It's for hurdling or jumping
ireaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 01:23   #53
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
I actually placed that board so I do not have to tell my wife I have a head ache !!!

No we supplied this for crew or kids on board so they do not have to be in love !!
It is removable see picture
we do not supply it anymore because of the weight saving of 7 kilo
Greetings
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fast Cat 435-Les couchettes des cabines arri_re sont royales!kl.JPG
Views:	494
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	4740  
Old 19-08-2008, 01:31   #54
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Fastcat435:

When was Andreas fastcat launched/completed. Looks very modern and nice. The speedpics looks little scary but very fun....Is the pics from Andreas boat? I should remove the stripes on the side...buts thats my..

I think you should build a 455, 525 and sail faster than the Gunboat. And that in a public race, or in a big sailmagazine. And that with witnesses so people belive the speed of fastcats.
Andreas FastCat 435 , the prototype was launched on December 19 2004 in Durban and we arrived in Miami just in time to prepare for the boat show on February 8 - 2005
We do different striping now or no striping at all. All speeds above 16 or 17 knots are a bit scary unless the water is really flat. We do not build a racer , just a performance oriented cruising catamaran where the emphasis is placed on space, comfort and safety: speed is the 4th item on the list of importance.
I expect that a Gunboat would win a race like that since their hulls are even narrower than ours but I would not know the outcome .
The comparising would be odd since the price of a Gunboat 48 is around 1.8 million USD while the FastCat 435 is less than half of that

Greetings

Gideon
Old 19-08-2008, 02:08   #55

Bad comparising, ok. But you must do some comparing on water with other boats in same class(competitors), and that in some kind of race or a week together with other catamarans. And make a video, or in a magazine.... Until then we are waiting for some reports from Andreas. I belive that the fastcat is fast, and i like the layout and your ideas so atleast this forum need independent comments about fastcats. A few word from Gludy and from Andreas is not enough to silence the critical peoples.... Whish boat was it Gludy test sailed?
Old 19-08-2008, 02:12   #56
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Bad comparising, ok. But you must do some comparing on water with other boats in same class(competitors), and that in some kind of race or a week together with other catamarans. And make a video, or in a magazine.... Until then we are waiting for some reports from Andreas. I belive that the fastcat is fast, and i like the layout and your ideas so atleast this forum need independent comments about fastcats. A few word from Gludy and from Andreas is not enough to silence the critical peoples.... Whish boat was it Gludy test sailed?
Just come and sail if you are interested , more reports will come out shortly since hull number 3 , 4 are delivered and 5 , 6 and 7 will be delivered in the next 6 months .
Paul ( Gludy ) has been on African Love , hull number 2 or the first production FastCat and since that FastCat we have lost 2000 kilo in weight or 30 % less weight.

Greetings

Gideon
Old 19-08-2008, 02:20   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastcat435 View Post
Just come and sail if you are interested , more reports will come out shortly since hull number 3 , 4 are delivered and 5 , 6 and 7 will be delivered in the next 6 months .
Paul ( Gludy ) has been on African Love , hull number 2 or the first production FastCat and since that FastCat we have lost 2000 kilo in weight or 30 % less weight.

Greetings

Gideon
Is African Love a 455?

Thanks for the offer... I am very interested but my wallet does not contain so much right now.
Old 19-08-2008, 02:22   #58

Boat: FP Tobago 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastcat435 View Post

Gideon

Isn't Butterfly hull number 4?

See the blog here: of Butterfly and Barnacle

It doesn't sound as though they have taken delivery, but maybe the blog isn't updated.

Alan
Nordic cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 02:39   #59
cruiser

Boat: St Francis 50 on order
I was amazed at two things about that blog.

The first is that the new boat has had to go back to the yard and is delayed so much that they have had to extend their 3 month visa for another 3 months.

The second is that the speeds achieved in the test sails in light winds are worse than I had with the much heavier St Francis.

I was once in a position were my delivered new boat was so bad that it spent 6 months on the builders pontoon after delivery before it could escape ..... it later fell to bits and I had a refund after a big battle ........ so I can understand the positive attitude that Butterfly's owners are putting onto the situation ....it's almost like Stockholm syndrome - I did just that positive spin for 6 months ...... I frankly have a lot of empathy for them.

Gideon whilst you invite people for a test sail you should really point out your stated policy, which is not to sail in anything more than an f5.

I am truly baffled by the mystery of a cat that on paper should fly but needed engines to tack in over 20 knots of wind, which was the case in my test sail ...... it does not make sense.
Gludy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 02:42   #60
cruiser

Boat: St Francis 50 on order
NordicCat
No this makes it clear that the boat has not been delivered as yet.

"Yesterday, arranged for an independent full boat inspection. Something we’ve always planned to do. To buy a boat, new or second-hand, and NOT have a thorough, properly-conducted, independent inspection before taking delivery of her, is just crazy. I guess there will be some circumstances where the build and state of the boat are already known, but even so, we like to sleep easy in our cabins "
Gludy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fastcat