Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-01-2017, 08:03   #1

Sailing Cebu Philippines to Siargao

Hello,

Will be sailing south around April 1, from Cebu to Bohol, visiting some beautiful little islands off the coast for snorkeling, diving, fishing, etc. Then we head over to Leyte and possibly some whale watching. Will explore the relatively unknown islands around Dinagat, Bucas Grande and other pristine spots on the way to Siargao - surfing capital of the Philippines.

Will take maybe 15 days or more to leisurely meander our way SE, depending on what we find along the way, weather, and like concerns.

Boat will stay in Siargao for a few months exploring all around the island and spending significant time surfing the lesser known breaks. Crew could possibly stay aboard during the entire Siargao stay.

Specific itinerary is rather flexible, so crew will be able to have some input in that regard.

Should be a fun trip, so PM me if interested.

Best to all,

G2L
Gone2long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 19:43   #2

Hi Bernie - Nothing Here from You

As you can see, there is no reply from you here on my thread, and I received no PM from you yet.

Try contacting a thread monitor/administrator for advice on how to use the site.

Best,

G2L
Old 01-02-2017, 20:05   #3

Boat: Mariner 40 Ketch
Re: Sailing Cebu Philippines to Siargao

Sounds like a great time. we did Surigao to Cebu last year, so many beautiful places to stop.
Come to Guimaras during the mango festival in May, we have a great anchorage here and secluded beaches Happy sailing
Old 03-02-2017, 01:34   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Windrush II View Post
Sounds like a great time. we did Surigao to Cebu last year, so many beautiful places to stop.
Come to Guimaras during the mango festival in May, we have a great anchorage here and secluded beaches Happy sailing
Will be headed the other way then, but would be interested in hearing more about where exactly you went on your Surigao to Cebu trip - stops, anchorages, things to see, watch out for, etc.

So much of this area is relatively untraveled by yachtsmen, and exploring unknown parts is part of the allure; however, always good to hear about the experiences of others.

PM me if you can spare the time, and we can exchange email and cell numbers.

Best Regards,

G2L
Old 05-02-2017, 00:30   #5

Hello. I can recommend a knowledgable, respectable, hard working Philippine woman from and living in Bohol that could use a few weeks work. I could pass your contact number to her if you want. Are you in the Philippines now?
Warren Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:07   #6

Boat: Spray Replica

G'day G2L,

I have attached two references to our website (at the bottom) of our trip across the Philippines in 2015 and then back in 2016. Use the links, don't use our Home Page. We have an issue with it and it will lock you out of the site, we hope to have that sorted soon. You can use the older/newer tags to navigate.

Both times we passed through Siargao opting to anchor at Dapa rather than the other bays. It is a well protected all weather anchorage. The town has small but adequate supplies. There is even a Pizza Shop.

The reality is all of the good surf spots can be easily accessed by motorbike very cheaply and a lot of the bikes have facilities to carry boards. It is far easier to base your self there than move around the island. Cloud 9 is about a 10 min ride away.

We also visited Cagwait, a small town down the Mindanoa Coast, it is well worth a visit. Lots of other nice anchorages as well.

We traveled over the top of Bohol. We anchored about 200 mtrs east of the main jetty in Talibon. The locals took excellent care of our tender. The local Shell Gas station delivered diesel to the jetty at pump price. The anchorage was secure enough to leave the boat and travel by bus around the island.One of the cleanest towns visited in the Philippines

We again traveled through in 2016. If you want I can send you some waypoints for Opencpn if you wish.

It is a great part of the Philippines not to mention a fantastic surf destination. The swell comes across the Pacific to the Mindinao Trench with nothing between it and the US.

Beautiful Bohol - Blog Article View

2016 Ships Log

Cheers and Fair Winds

Garry and Wendy
Spirit of Sobraon
sobraon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 04:55   #7
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Warren.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 06:16   #8

Thank You - Re: Sailing Cebu Philippines to Siargao

Thank you so much for the links.

Know a bit about Siargao, because I have been there a couple of times on surf trips. Took the ferry and got a good look at the Dapa straits - pretty spooky w. whirlpools, boils, hidden rocks, etc. Would like to talk more about all that via PM and email; so will check your links and contact you later.

Looks like Alberto's pizza, no? : )

Regards,

G2L
Old 05-02-2017, 06:23   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Drifter View Post
Hello. I can recommend a knowledgable, respectable, hard working Philippine woman from and living in Bohol that could use a few weeks work. I could pass your contact number to her if you want. Are you in the Philippines now?
Hi Warren,

We are really looking for people who want to sail for the love of sailing, exploring, travelling, and adventure.

Appreciate your trying to help, however.

Regards,

G2L
Old 05-02-2017, 16:25   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobraon View Post
G'day G2L,

Both times we passed through Siargao opting to anchor at Dapa rather than the other bays. It is a well protected all weather anchorage. The town has small but adequate supplies. There is even a Pizza Shop.

The reality is all of the good surf spots can be easily accessed by motorbike very cheaply and a lot of the bikes have facilities to carry boards. It is far easier to base your self there than move around the island. Cloud 9 is about a 10 min ride away.

We again traveled through in 2016. If you want I can send you some waypoints for Opencpn if you wish.

Cheers and Fair Winds

Garry and Wendy
Spirit of Sobraon

Thanks for the great info.

We are also here in the Philippines and would like to sail to Dapa. Been there with the local ferries and remember snaking through the coral to get in there.

Do you have any sailing routes getting to Dapa from Surigao?
Old 11-02-2017, 13:31   #11

Boat: Lancer 44 Motor Sailer

6.7 earthquake just outside Surigao City Friday night. 2/10/2017 Wife talked to her sister living there this morning and all are well with no damage. Pray for those who lost their lives.
Diesel Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 16:17   #12
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Latest Update 6 killed over 100 injured
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 18:18   #13

Yes, We Know About the Quake ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Bill View Post
6.7 earthquake just outside Surigao City Friday night. 2/10/2017 Wife talked to her sister living there this morning and all are well with no damage. Pray for those who lost their lives.
Yeah, it's all over the news. Kinda of strange, however, as I have never heard of a quake hitting that area. Mindanao further south, yes; but not up near Surigao City.

That said, there are faults throughout the Philippines, and many minor ones that are virtually unknown by the public at large, so this quake should be no great surprise.

Not too many two story cement buildings on Siargao; however, so I would doubt there has been much impact there. Be good to hear from anyone who actually lives there.

Thanks for the post; though it is a bit "off topic".

G2L
Old 12-02-2017, 18:22   #14

On an unrelated note: Thought you would get a kick out of the fact that Sobraon, stopped in Daram. How cool is that : )

Gonna be talking to these folks about their trip as they have hit some of my favorite spots in N and S PHL, and some on my wish list.

G2L
Old 12-02-2017, 18:59   #15

Wind is kicking up in places in the Philippines today through Wednesday with some areas clocking 45 knots. be careful out there

Tags
Philippines, sail, sailing