Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-12-2017, 13:59   #1

Boat: Hood 38 - Wauquiez
Raymarine Axiom Pro 9" GPS signal sometimes lost

Hi Guys,

I have a new Raymarine Axiom Pro with build in 10Khz GPS antenna. For the most part it works well, but occasionally the GPS signal is lost (I know this because an alarm message comes up on screen).

This happens seemingly random for a few minutes every 3-4 hours and then it seems to sort itself out.

Admittedly there is some shielding from the solar panels, but even so I would have thought it would be still getting a strong signal.

Anyone else with a Axiom / Axiom Pro have any experience with this? I can buy the external antenna and put it on the radar arch - but that's another couple of hundred.

https://imgur.com/a/sQP1T

Cheers

-Al
BigAl.NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 17:57   #2

Re: Raymarine Axiom Pro 9" GPS signal sometimes lost

Hi Al,

I installed the axiom pro 12 in my 15m launch in December 2017, I have solar panels on the roof and the internal GPS signal is continually dropping out. I have had the Raymarine tech look at it and updated the software numerous times. The tech fitted a temporary external antenna and the GPS signal never dropped out again. Shame that the internal antenna was not good enough to do the job and the external antennas are bloomin expensive.
BernieSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 02:44   #3

Boat: Hood 38 - Wauquiez
Re: Raymarine Axiom Pro 9" GPS signal sometimes lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieSon View Post
Hi Al,

I installed the axiom pro 12 in my 15m launch in December 2017, I have solar panels on the roof and the internal GPS signal is continually dropping out. I have had the Raymarine tech look at it and updated the software numerous times. The tech fitted a temporary external antenna and the GPS signal never dropped out again. Shame that the internal antenna was not good enough to do the job and the external antennas are bloomin expensive.
Yeah I ended up doing the same as you (got the RA150 from memory which is a external antenna and GPS I think). Works a treat now.

Another person I spoke to had the same problem. sigh.

Other than that I love my Axiom.
BigAl.NZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gps, lost, marine, raymarine