Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-09-2017, 08:09   #1

Boat: Irwin MKII 40'
Cool So. Cal to the Islands (Hawaii)

I'll be sailing to the islands in November. I'm looking for someone with sailing and chart reading skills. You don't need to be a pro, but your knowledge is beneficial. This is a joint venture, you supply your own needs. The V berth is wide open.
ME: 60 yo single male
YOU: Don't care
BOAT: Irwin 38, (cutter rigged) all of the rigging is run aft to the center cockpit, only 120 gal of fresh water, (But I do have a water-maker)Full galley and a BBQ.Limited to 60 gallons of fuel (Hopefully we won't need it).I just replaced both heads so...
any questions plz ask
thx
E
Everett56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 15:38   #2

Re: So. Cal to the Islands (Hawaii)

I am interested but not available until mid Nov as my son and daughter-in-law will be visiting us in Honolulu until 13 Nov.
I was part of a 5 man crew that did a delivery from Maui to Vancouver Island last Aug, route is different but took us 21 days. We used more than 60 gal of fuel, charging the batteries due to watermaker, freezer, and hi tech gadgets on board and a little bit of motor sailing when the winds died off. We had 10 jerry cans strapped topside.
I am qualified offshore with ISSA and have done ASA courses up to Instructor level. I will be taking the USCG 100 ton Captain's course 25 Sep-13 Oct and can navigate.
I am 54 years old, retired military officer. Served for 35 years in the Royal Canadian Regiment and am living with my wife in Hawaii as she is posted here on exchange. I am free from Mid Nov on and would like to find out more about your trip and expected weather from mid Nov into Dec.
mikepennell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 14:45   #3

Re: So. Cal to the Islands (Hawaii)

Very interested, am available anytime. Would be a great trip. Can share more information with you, if interested. Steve
P3sailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cal, hawaii