Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2017, 05:24   #1

Location: Cruising the West coast of Sumatra and the offshore islands, surfing!!
Boat: Feltz Skorpion mark 11A, Aluminium 39' sloop, constructed Hamburg. https://photobucket.com/eloise_01
Send a message via Skype™ to surfmachine
Surf & Sail free 10 day cruise from Indonesia(Nias) to Thailand(Phuket)

Single crew to assist in 7 to 10 day sail from Lagundri Bay in Nias Island Indonesia to Phuket in Thailand. Best for surfers, no sailing experience needed. Trip length depends upon whether we stop for surf in the Banyak islands at treasure island and the bay of plenty. My original crew has had to bail as he got sick!!!

SURFMACHINE See my blog of the yacht cruises here.

Free trip for single male or female crew who can stand watches at night in rotation with 67 year old male skipper aboard 40 foot aluminium sloop. Crew has their own private forward double cabin. All meals and on-board costs met by skipper. You make your own way to Nias island via Gunning Sitoli airport, (via Medan on Sumatra), and leave boat in Phuket, Thailand, which has an international airport.

This trip would suit some one who is already in Indonesia, Sumatra or Nias, and wants a free sailing trip to Thailand but anyone can come. The boat needs to be back in Thailand by November 30th.

SURFMACHINE: First stop is the Banyak Islands or Pulau Banyak, in 20th May 2015

Crew pays their own air fares and visa costs to Indonesia and from Thailand back home.

Trip starts early in November 2017 and finishes on or before 30th November 2017. 7 days sailing time but we take 10 days with stops for surfing at
Lagundri bay
Bawa in hinakos islands
Afulu on nias
Treasure island or palau bangkaru
bay of plenty in the banyak islands, or palau tuangku.

If you are a non surfer then we need not stop for surf, maybe a rest and a skin dive in the coral?

Longest sail is 48 hours from palau bankgaru to Banda Aceh, then another 47 hours across the malaccan straits to phuket.

Join the yacht in nias, fly to Kuala Lumpur from home, then medan and then gunning sitoli on nias, about 45 usd. Then 4 hour minivan trip to lagundri bay.

Bring your surf board if you are a surfer, I also have 2 surfboards in the board racks.

For more details please email me at keithstirling1 care of gmail.com or ring Indonesia +6282160357795 or whatsup with indonesian number. Or Skype me at the blue S symbol on the left below my surfing picture.

Please check out these links below for descriptions of past trips.

SURFMACHINE: Do it now! Sail away!!!

SURFMACHINE: Information for crew and invited guests aboard Surfmachine

SURFMACHINE
Attached Thumbnails
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	boat picture.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	391.0 KB
ID:	157561  
Old 14-10-2017, 10:07   #2

Boat: Muira, 1981, 30.8 ft
Re: Surf & Sail free 10 day cruise from Indonesia(Nias) to Thailand(Phuket)

Hi keith.
Dropped you a PM.
Cheers
alan
aquabrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail, Thailand, cruise, Indonesia