Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2017, 15:44   #1

Bimini! Looking for recommendations- Family friendly, budget friendly activities in B

I'm heading to the Bahamas with the kids for the first time next week. I've been many times on deliveries and rigging work, but this will be our first trip with the kids.

We will sail over from Ft Lauderdale, so I'm thinking we will keep it to just Bimini and nearby. We will have about 6 days between arriving and leaving - weather permitting.

Also, the trip is kind of last minute, so we are on a shoestring budget.

We're looking for good anchorages, good snorkeling, good beaches, and good hiking.

Thanks in advance!
Mojo_Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 09:10   #2

Boat: Boatless
Re: Bimini! Looking for recommendations- Family friendly, budget friendly activities

No takers. I got my own question to get some suggestions. I'm stuck here in No Name Harbor until the North Front passes. I want to make a run to Bimini and anchor out overnight without checking in. Next day I'd like to make a plan for a good route down to Georgetown. Based on the weather of course.

So I'd like to get some information regarding anchoring. Thanks in advance.
Jimske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:09   #3

Boat: Boatless
Re: Bimini! Looking for recommendations- Family friendly, budget friendly activities

http://1fatgmc.com/boat/mac-1/2015%2...as-Page-1.html

I found the above link and read it through. Very helpful. So I post it above for anyone who might need the same information. Excellent post.
Jimske is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bimini, budget, family, men