Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2020, 10:28   #1

Boat: Alberg 30, 30' sloop.
Thumbs up Volunteer crew wanted, 50’ Cat from Saint Thomas USVI to Ft Lauderdale ETD Jan-16

Volunteer crew wanted, 50’ Catamaran from Saint Thomas USVI to Fort Lauderdale ETD Jan-16

(The Passage) This delivery will be departing from St. Thomas on or around January 16th. This passage is approximately 1,000 nm of likely non-stop offshore ocean sailing. The complete passage should take roughly between 6-7 days depending on our requirement to stop and wait for weather. I always hope to sail as much as possible however this is a delivery and we will certainly use the motors as much as required to expedite the passage.

(The Boat) Is a well-equipped and maintained 50’ Catamaran - 2014 Privilege 515 being relocated for the owner. Plenty info about this model is available online

(The Captain) Is a USCG Licensed 100 Ton Master that has completed a solo circumnavigation on a 30ft Sloop. Since then I have completed about 50,000 nm of offshore deliveries and sailing instruction. The First Mate is also an experienced sailor and circumnavigator.

(The Arrangement) This is a delivery and I am looking for volunteer crew. There will likely be three or four of us in total. On-board passage-related expenses, fuel, marina fees, etc, will be provided by the owner. You would be responsible for all of your expenses off of the boat (restaurants, drinking, entertainment, etc in addition to transportation to and from the boat. Some travel expenses may be negotiable for the right person with offshore experience. All crew are expected to help with all aspects of the passage including pre-passage preparation and post passage clean up. We are alcohol free underway and you should expect to help keep an active watch whenever required , sometimes alone at night, helping with navigating, weather analyses, sail-handling, cooking, cleaning, repairs etc. Effectively this is like a sailing job with no pay but provides an excellent opportunity for individuals looking to gain offshore experience, confidence, and mile-building with the supervision and instruction of a well-qualified captain and mate willing to teach underway.

(The Requirements for the crew) Feel free to reply here but also please send me a PM or including your phone number and any other contact info. Let me know if you require any assistance with travel expenses and tell me why you want to take this trip and about your sailing experience or attach a CV. Please mention any other experience or skills that you might possess that could be useful at sea (engineers, medical professionals, mechanics, cooks etc,). I tend to give preference to people who know they do not get seasick and have offshore experience. You should be available to arrive in Saint Thomas probably on, but no later than Jan 15th.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	206579  
kirkalittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 15:03   #2

Re: Volunteer crew wanted, 50’ Cat from Saint Thomas USVI to Ft Lauderdale ETD Jan-16

Hello I'm interested, I just would need a flight from Florida to you. I will attach my cv, looking for Caribbean experience. I have sailing experience up and down the east coast, but would like to expand my knowledge of the Caribbean waterways. I'll need your e-mail to send CV thanks.

Capt. Will Smith 727-326-3335
FlaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 20:32   #3

Re: Volunteer crew wanted, 50’ Cat from Saint Thomas USVI to Ft Lauderdale ETD Jan-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkalittle View Post
Volunteer crew wanted, 50’ Catamaran from Saint Thomas USVI to Fort Lauderdale ETD Jan-16

(The Passage) This delivery will be departing from St. Thomas on or around January 16th. This passage is approximately 1,000 nm of likely non-stop offshore ocean sailing. The complete passage should take roughly between 6-7 days depending on our requirement to stop and wait for weather. I always hope to sail as much as possible however this is a delivery and we will certainly use the motors as much as required to expedite the passage.

(The Boat) Is a well-equipped and maintained 50’ Catamaran - 2014 Privilege 515 being relocated for the owner. Plenty info about this model is available online

(The Captain) Is a USCG Licensed 100 Ton Master that has completed a solo circumnavigation on a 30ft Sloop. Since then I have completed about 50,000 nm of offshore deliveries and sailing instruction. The First Mate is also an experienced sailor and circumnavigator.

(The Arrangement) This is a delivery and I am looking for volunteer crew. There will likely be three or four of us in total. On-board passage-related expenses, fuel, marina fees, etc, will be provided by the owner. You would be responsible for all of your expenses off of the boat (restaurants, drinking, entertainment, etc in addition to transportation to and from the boat. Some travel expenses may be negotiable for the right person with offshore experience. All crew are expected to help with all aspects of the passage including pre-passage preparation and post passage clean up. We are alcohol free underway and you should expect to help keep an active watch whenever required , sometimes alone at night, helping with navigating, weather analyses, sail-handling, cooking, cleaning, repairs etc. Effectively this is like a sailing job with no pay but provides an excellent opportunity for individuals looking to gain offshore experience, confidence, and mile-building with the supervision and instruction of a well-qualified captain and mate willing to teach underway.

(The Requirements for the crew) Feel free to reply here but also please send me a PM or including your phone number and any other contact info. Let me know if you require any assistance with travel expenses and tell me why you want to take this trip and about your sailing experience or attach a CV. Please mention any other experience or skills that you might possess that could be useful at sea (engineers, medical professionals, mechanics, cooks etc,). I tend to give preference to people who know they do not get seasick and have offshore experience. You should be available to arrive in Saint Thomas probably on, but no later than Jan 15th.
Hello,

I am an enthusiastic sailer with 57 days of documented experience including offshore, night sailing and multi-day trips. My schedule is flexible, and I am available on short notice.

If you can send me your email address, I can forward you my resume.

Thank you for your consideration.

Craig
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Craig Beimgraben SR Resume3.pdf (676.1 KB, 47 views)
csb2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 21:51   #4

PM sent
SailorEd. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 09:17   #5

Boat: ChrisCraft,Connie,37ft

sent PM with loads of experience delivering Cats/sloops/ketches 25-45 foot.
Old 10-01-2020, 17:16   #6

Boat: Alberg 30, 30' sloop.

Just filled all positions, thanks everyone for all the response!
kirkalittle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, crew wanted, wanted